Right calf muscle keeps blowing up HELP

21 to 21 of 21 messages
02/05/2013 at 18:28

Same problem for me. I am a heel striker and recently tried changing to mid-foot. Big mistake! My right calf is so painful after the first ten minutes into the run that I have to stop and hobble back home. I am giving it plenty of rest (from running at least) and am concentrating on cycling. This seems to be okay and I can only feel it if I really push it on the bike. I will see how it goes but hopefully will be able to start running again in a week or so. For what it's worth I have changed my shoes now to a new set as the old ones were now really getting ratty and maybe that will help a bit too. It's probably a bad idea to change both my running style AND my shoes at the same time so maybe I'll revert to heel-striking again 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 21 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.