Roth 2010

A 2010 pirate outing?

1 to 20 of 5,941 messages
15/06/2009 at 22:35

As you may be aware both myself and Mellifera are going to Roth next year and it has been mentioned as the pirate event for 2010. Of course IMDE has also been talked about, and various pirates will no doubt be heading to other places. Now if you are thinking of doing a long course event next year you could join us in Roth. However note, it is not a branded M. Event so if you really feel the need to have the M. Brand on your CV this isn’t the race for you. It also has wave starts so you wont get the official M. Style 2000 plus going together in the swim. So if M. Is what you are after you need to look elsewhere,like the IMDE 2010 thread, and be at your computer on July 1 to get entered.

However Roth does have insane support. It also has a price tag of 115 euros less than IMDE, and even more savings are to be made if theres 10 plus of us going. People I have spoken to say it is brilliantly organised, and it was until a few years ago the German IM race, so it has form. Furthermore it has relay teams, so if you fancy a pirate outing but don’t want to learn to swim say, get a team up and enter the relay.If you really fancy Roth have a look at the website http://www.challenge-roth.com/en/ and see if it fits your plans.

Also be aware, as has been posted elsewhere, that finding somewhere to stay is likely to be a nightmare, so we will need to get on it sharpish once those interested have decided to go. There is apparently a big campsite close, but I for one could not do camping for xxx days then trying to race a full IM distance.As I said I am deffo going so I will add myself to a list, and I will be a tad cheeky and add Mellifera too. This may end up being the “big” pirate outing, it may not, if more people sign up for IMDE or Austria or whatever, then that will be. But if you do decide on Roth, you wont be totally alone. If you fancy doing a relay put S,B or R so we know who wants to do what and we may be able to knock together a team or two? 

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Edited: 15/06/2009 at 22:37
Plum    pirate
15/06/2009 at 22:45
Maybe.................
Trogs    pirate
15/06/2009 at 22:51

Have an M. so that's not an issue but really want to experience the Pirate massive.

Don't know what to do

Kanga M    pirate
15/06/2009 at 22:54

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga

Done the M. thing, would rather try somewhere new than cover old ground again just yet, but am also tempted by Lanza ...
Edited: 15/06/2009 at 22:55
Nam
15/06/2009 at 23:00

Cheap, cheerful and home soil...?!  

>lurks discretely<

oxymoron    pirate
15/06/2009 at 23:14
relay relay relay!
Dustboy    pirate
15/06/2009 at 23:19

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum

Trogs

Kanga

Dustboy

15/06/2009 at 23:49
discount this race at your peril, might not be an M-dot but used to be and still holds one of the biggest and most prestigious pro fields in IM. This is a great race to do and support at.
cougie    pirate
16/06/2009 at 00:16
If I'm not retired - put me on the maybe list please !
AndrewSmith    pirate
16/06/2009 at 05:50
It's a great course for a p.b.
Hope    pirate
16/06/2009 at 06:31

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga
Hope 
Hope    pirate
16/06/2009 at 06:32

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga
Hope 
Cougie retire??? No way!!
Slowtwitcher    pirate
16/06/2009 at 06:51

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga
Hope 
Cougie retire??? No way!!slowtwitcher
Slowtwitcher    pirate
16/06/2009 at 06:52

oops...

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga
Hope 
Cougie retire??? No way!!slowtwitcher
Slowtwitcher    pirate
16/06/2009 at 06:52
Can't seem to get my name to format correclty
WildWill    pirate
16/06/2009 at 06:57

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga
Hope
slowtwitcher
WildWill ... (if Mrs WW lets me)

Edited: 16/06/2009 at 06:59
Hope    pirate
16/06/2009 at 07:43

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga
Hope 
slowtwitcher
Garr

16/06/2009 at 07:52
AndrewSmith wrote (see)
It's a great course for a p.b.

lol, certainly is. They use all of the available 10% I think

16/06/2009 at 08:00

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga
Hope 
slowtwitcher
Garr

Pkim (...wibble!)

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
16/06/2009 at 08:19

If this turns out to be the Pirate outing count me in, I love the atmosphere and support there and I'll sound out LJS about doing the relay again - he did the swim in 2007 for team pirate in 1hr 7 mins and has completed the full distance there twice, never swum any slower. And as to prestige - Chrissie Wellington is racing it this year, you can't get much more prestigious than that. We plan on going over to watch. Roth's about an hour from our "other" house.

Full Race
Bassy
Mellifera

Relay
LJS, swimmer?

Maybe
Plum
Trogs
Kanga
Hope 
slowtwitcher
Garr
IW

Pkim (...wibble!)

1 to 20 of 5,941 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.