Roth then La Haute?

2 messages
12/11/2011 at 09:28

I have a clubmate who is doing Challenge Roth with me next year and would really like to do the La Haute route as well, which is 6 weeks later. The question she posed was "How long does it take to recover well enough from an Ironman to then take part in an Alpine stage race? How best to go about recovering?"

She did Bolton this year (first IM) and was supposed to be doing a standard 6 weeks later but had to DNF because of a mechanical quite early into the bike. She said she felt the standard would have been fine if she'd been able to finish it

Anyone got any wisdom they could impart?

14/11/2011 at 13:34
she does know that the entry fee for the HR is €1200??? OK - that includes a lot as part of the package but still no accommodation or travel costs in that. hope she's happy shelling out a lot of money for a hard ride!!

as for recovery, if she's IM fit then she should be OK in a week or so after Roth and she just needs to keep her riding up which is easier than running as it's non-load bearing.

I did a an off-road tri 2 weeks after IM Wales and felt fine for that

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.