Saris Bones Bike carrier

11 messages
14/01/2013 at 16:45

has anyone any experiance with the titled bike carrier or any other recommendations. I have a company car which I cannot add a tow bar (company policy) so that option is out, I'm assuming this also rules out roof rack type carriers, so i'm limited to the boot fitting type. I'm quite concered about them causing damage to the bodywork to the vehicle resulting in a charge to myself.

I have trips to the yorkshire dales, and mid france in the next few months and would like to take at the min my bike maybe the kids as well, definatly not room to put it in the car with the seats down.

14/01/2013 at 17:16

They're excellent.  Why can't you fit roofbars?

cougie    pirate
14/01/2013 at 17:23

Roof bars shouldnt leave any marks behind. I'd prefer that than having something hang off the back of the car.  Pity about the tow bar though. 

IronChris68    pirate
14/01/2013 at 17:30

I have one, very good it is to, I have the 3 bike version but haven't used it to its full capability yet, it works well with 2 bikes.

I would put some thin foam under where the straps come into contact with the car though

Chris

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 17:31
14/01/2013 at 17:31

have you checked with your company that you cannot use roofbars or a boot carrier??  provided that it's not a permanent fixture I can't see that they would ban them.  if it's a leased vehicle then check with the leasing company.

"Roof bars shouldnt leave any marks behind."  they can - trust me on that - if you don't fit the feckers properly to start with....  

Rafiki    pirate
14/01/2013 at 18:12

I have a bones 2 - excellent. Hasn't left any marks on the paintwork at all.

15/01/2013 at 06:16
Had one for wellbover ten years now lots of use never let me down shlepped bikes all over the country with it once you get used to it off and on invaround a minute
Avreally great design
15/01/2013 at 09:43

Thanks all, think i'm going for the bones 3.

15/01/2013 at 11:17
Tired Badger wrote (see)

I have trips to the yorkshire dales, and mid france in the next few months and would like to take at the min my bike maybe the kids as well, definatly not room to put it in the car with the seats down.

I'd go for taking the bike and leave the kids behind! 

O.rangeCannon (kona-7)    pirate
15/01/2013 at 23:30
My mare has a saris bones thingy - worked well on the back of the hire car i turnedup on :+)
TheEngineer    pirate
20/01/2013 at 16:01
O.rangeCannon - 7 hr marathons are cool..... wrote (see)
My mare has a saris bones thingy - worked well on the back of the hire car i turnedup on :+)

My horse can't even drive... 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.