second hand gear

any

9 messages
25/02/2011 at 18:21
Just looking on ebay to find second hand kit , is there any other sites that are worth a look at ?
25/02/2011 at 21:18
cheers will do .
02/03/2011 at 19:47

Some second hand gear can be a bit knackered - depending on what you're after, and if you're on a budget, some new gear is accessible. For clothing, Try Decathlon, or better still startfitness.co.uk and their brand Moremile - decent run, bike and tri gear. Prices are about £5 for shorts, £5 for tops, £30 tri suits, etc. they also do lots of reduced price run shoes.

Have a look at goinggoingbike auction site for bikes, other than that ebay is the way!

03/03/2011 at 16:22
I've been really impressed with all the sports clothing I've had from Aldi & Lidl. Socks are great at around £2 a pop, and my £15 trisuit has done everything I've asked of it!
03/03/2011 at 17:39
Good point, claret - i'd forgotten about Aldi! I've had cycle shorts, short and long sleeved cycle tops and a winter cycle jacket from them - all lasted well. About £6 for a cycle top!
03/03/2011 at 20:37
thanks people , i thought i was a bit of a cheap  going to aldi but i have there winter pants and gloves and yes i've found them good . Its the bike thing that i can't get my head round . I have a Trek 1400 and its about 10 year old . It has 105 group set and a decent set of Mavric wheels . I see some of these bikes and they are all carbon and seem to fly over the road . My bike feels great for a fat lad like me so im not wanting to get rid yet unless i can get a nice second hand one that feels the same .
04/03/2011 at 14:25

I'm riding my 26 year old steel framed "racer" with non-indexed gears on the down tube.

It is the best I can do on our budget at the moment. Got some 2nd hand clipless pedals and shoes of ebay (total £20), got a £5 track pump and pumped the tyres up proper hard, and sorted the wheels out so they are true and no loose spokes. Didn't half improve the ride!

Still was the worst bike by miles at the Weymouth tri, but I had fun anyway!

04/03/2011 at 18:04
Last tri I did saw loads of people on mountain bikes, hybrids, allsorts. They were all enjoying it (I think!) One huge guy kept up with me on my road bike for 5k on his Argos MTB with knobbly tyres!
04/03/2011 at 21:11
yeah your right . Mine feels good to me and no matter what bike you have you still have to pedal it . I think im getting carried away with the gear and not just enjoying the triathlon world . Thank people for bring me back to earth .

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.