Setting my sights Tri

Countdown to IMNZ 09

1,041 to 1,060 of 1,094 messages
10/03/2009 at 20:15

.--  .  .-..  .-../   -..  ---  -.  ./   .-  .-..  .-../  .--.  ..  .-.  .-  -  ./  .--.  .  ---  .--.  .-..  .

BryanTheSnail (M.)    pirate
10/03/2009 at 20:15

Congratulations to everybody.

Trogs - That's one down - you will be back for more.  Sounds like you had some good support but you should try it with the pirate massif behind you.

Jaggy - had to laugh at you being scared of Debs if you didn't finish the swim, perhaps you can understand how difficult my life is now. 11 minutes in T1 is nothing - 21 minutes in T2 is a nice controlled changeover.

Ally Bally Bee    pirate
10/03/2009 at 22:12

At the awards night Mike Reilly said there was a guy who spent 17 minutes in T1 and then 48 minutes in T2!

Right, I'm off for a swim. Only 10 minutes though, none of this 3km nonsense.

Trogs    pirate
11/03/2009 at 01:18
The Stig wrote (see)

.--  .  .-..  .-../   -..  ---  -.  ./   .-  .-..  .-../  .--.  ..  .-.  .-  -  ./  .--.  .  ---  .--.  .-..  .

-  .-  /  ...-  .  .-.   -.--  /  --  ..-   -.-.   ...

11/03/2009 at 10:44

you got a code, dear?

[giggle]

Trogs    pirate
12/03/2009 at 05:05
GROAN
16/03/2009 at 14:11

OK, finally got back on T'Internet now I'm back in Jakarta...

It's amazing reading the last few pages, I had no idea so many of you would be watching IM Dead in the middle of the night, thanks very much for your support, especially Jellybabe and Andy S & team!  It was a great race - the organisers bragged that 96.5% of competitors finished, well the Pirates did better, 100% of us finished!

Since Fat Buddha, Captain Candy and Bouncing Barley weren't there to officiate at the post-race breakfast, I took it on myself to dish out the points:

Jaggy - gets 2 pirate points for his second finish, would have got a bonus point for such a Piratey swim but I reckoned he should be penalised for not racing in the black & yellow so he is an able Seaman

Ally - gets 3 pirate points for her third finish, deserves an extra one for her sterling work advertising the race on behalf of the NZ tourist board but has extra point deducted for coming up with a really weak excuse not to do an IM anywhere else, so she is a Junior Pirate

and of course

Trogs - 1 pirate point, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN as well as a Scurvy Dog!

I modestly awarded myself another parrot for my 10th IM finish even though only two have been in full Pirate colours (it took me a while to knit my race kit).  If anyone wants my parrot back they can jolly well come to Indonesia to get it, or better still race me for it at IM China in April...

Finally, IM NZ is a great race, second only to IM Oz in Port Macquarie in my estimation.  There, that should wind up Ally if she is still reading this!

M...eldy    pirate
16/03/2009 at 14:25
10 IM ?? Aanders I had no idea!!   well done you 
17/03/2009 at 05:42
Well, I've only done that many because I can't think of another way to spend a good day out and then eat & drink as much as I want for a week!
18/03/2009 at 14:28

Finally got round to uploading some photos of the race and some last-minute training at Waiau Waterworks:

http://picasaweb.google.com/aandersng/IMNZ2009

jaggy...    pirate
18/03/2009 at 16:45

Home - great to meet you Trog, Ally and Aanders....

A fantastic adventure......

19/03/2009 at 06:03
Have you signed up for the next one yet?!
jaggy...    pirate
19/03/2009 at 06:25

No - looking at a mountain bike race in South Africa for next year.

Going to give IM a break for a while

19/03/2009 at 08:37
Cape Epic by any chance?
jaggy...    pirate
19/03/2009 at 09:21
That's the one - planning to try and enter the night the site opens and hope I can type quickly!!
19/03/2009 at 14:29
Might just see you there.  Suggest you sign up for the Cape Argus cycle tour as well, it's a beautiful ride, well organised event and it'll give you a few days for sightseeing and wine tasting before the Cape Epic.  And you could stay a bit longer and do IM South Africa as well
jaggy...    pirate
19/03/2009 at 17:08
You doing it?
20/03/2009 at 04:38
Trying to persuade my little brother to do it
Trogs    pirate
20/03/2009 at 13:47

Nice pics Aanders - some quality last minute training there

Been home for a few days now and feels very odd to have so much time on my hands.  Might have to start doing some exercise again shortly to pass the time.

Not sure what to do next in terms of tri - will have to decide pretty quickly though cos otherwise all my potential choices will fill up.  Might to Vit again, possibly the Zurich Oly since I'm still planning to go and support the Ship for IMCH but otherwise probably just a couple of oly/sprint types.

jellybabe (M.)    pirate
29/03/2009 at 10:18

home last night from our round the world trip

had such an awesome time

it was great to support at IMNZ, one day I will get back out there and do it

and the post race brekkie was great and good to catch up with old and new faces

1,041 to 1,060 of 1,094 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.