So, have the Pirates offically moved away from RW?

41 to 60 of 114 messages
TR
22/10/2012 at 09:01

oh the shame, the humiliation, the unworthiness, I have to have earned the right to wear my pirate shirt by doing an IM ?...............I was active on the running threads, had no bike, was a weak swimmer so it seemed the right way for me, still got a crap bike and no schedule so it still seemed right, I just train a bit and do the odd race, but I've done 6 or 7 middle distance races wearing that pirate shirt and no IMs...........what a burden to have to carry, I've brought shame upon myself.

Anyone want a pirate top ?

seren nos    pirate
22/10/2012 at 09:08

DD was a personal statement..........but i think that the pirates have evolved so that all are encouraged to either go further or faster than they thought possible what ever the distance

and TR your top is to fast for me.i couldn't catch it

22/10/2012 at 09:09
Isnt this all bollox isnt the whole ethos of the pirates do what uou want to do? No ones "in charge" and therfore no individual gets to dictate what peeps should or dhould not be doing, as long as you are trying your best and having fun wear the bones with pride
22/10/2012 at 09:13
Isnt this all bollox isnt the whole ethos of the pirates to do what uou want to do? No ones "in charge" and therfore no individual gets to dictate what othervpeeps should or dhould not be doing, as long as you are trying your best and having fun wear the bones with pride, if that leads you on down the IM route great if not, so what? nobodys feckin died . strictly MHO of course
22/10/2012 at 09:13
Oops
cougie    pirate
22/10/2012 at 09:14
TR you wear that shirt with pride !
It's all about having fun and challenging yourself.
I wear my kit for almost all of my races.
Pirates don't have rules - just fun.
22/10/2012 at 09:21
Ridgebackmax wrote (see)
Isnt this all bollox isnt the whole ethos of the pirates do what uou want to do? No ones "in charge" and therfore no individual gets to dictate what peeps should or dhould not be doing, as long as you are trying your best and having fun wear the bones with pride

In my highly subjective opinion it is all bollox. It's all KK's stirring the shit bollox.  It (the forum) is what it is. 

debbo    pirate
22/10/2012 at 09:21
Yes and I didn't say folk should feel shame if they wear pirate kit and don't do an IM, I said the original ethos of the pirates was based around IM and I personally wouldn't want to have worn the kit unless I'd done one, but then I was around in 2005/2006 and it was a different beast then
22/10/2012 at 09:23

frankly I can't be arsed making a comment

22/10/2012 at 09:24
fat buddha wrote (see)

frankly I can't be arsed making a comment

22/10/2012 at 09:34
FB frankly i cant be arsed making a comment about you not being arsed and likewise i am bored with this now and for that reason i am out
22/10/2012 at 09:36
Ridgebackmax wrote (see)
FB frankly i cant be arsed making a comment about you not being arsed and likewise i am bored with this now and for that reason i am out

I can barely be arsed to make a comment about you not being arsed about fatB not being arsed.

TR
22/10/2012 at 09:36

I'm only joking, I reckon I qualify to be piratey, I dont take it or myself seriously and just turn up and give it a bash, which is what its all about.

Seren - I'm keeping it, you can try to chase me in it though !

Edited: 22/10/2012 at 09:38
debbo    pirate
22/10/2012 at 09:45
Seren is very speedy - she had a good mentor
purpletrilady    pirate
22/10/2012 at 09:52
Why doesn't quite function work on safari????

If it did work I work quote sgtlard, ridge and fb... And say that what I love about the pirates
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
22/10/2012 at 10:45

TR, dont you know that the pirates have kit police stalking races for non conformers, your kit will be ripped from you and you'll be tied to a cross and flailed with bike chains.

I nearly responded last night but couldnt be arsed, but for my two pence worth and mainly for the newbies reading this thread wondering what the F's it all about?

My opinion is that everyones got a different opinion, there are no rules, the pirates are about mutual support and envouragement, having a laugh, meeting new friends and enjoying themselves.  I doubt youll find many people that have joined us at events and not felt welcomed and encouraged no matter what their tri ambitions or how fast they are.

flyaway    pirate
22/10/2012 at 10:50

I'm not sure which I am more amused by - TR arbitrarily deciding how "good" assorted people he's never met are, based on their posting frequency, the tail chasing arguments between kk and Schmunkee or FB's lack of arse....

22/10/2012 at 11:02

Rules? ......................... they're more like guidlines? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhh

debbo    pirate
22/10/2012 at 11:07
Flyers - his metaphorical arse is more lacking than his physical one
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
22/10/2012 at 11:12

Guideline 323-4539.1

The picture of Smithys arse at Norseman will be reposted frequently

41 to 60 of 114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.