So, have the Pirates offically moved away from RW?

1 to 20 of 140 messages
kittenkat    pirate
20/10/2012 at 17:41

This forum is slow and dull, but the FB group seems to be getting a load of new members.

Where are we at?

kittenkat    pirate
20/10/2012 at 17:42

And I'm never going to twatter ever...

kittenkat    pirate
20/10/2012 at 17:43

So, you're good to move over there.

20/10/2012 at 17:44
Lmfao

Twatter. An interesting rebranding of anothwr social waste of time

I suspect pirates are active in both, or pirates from here are now also going their
Dustboy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 18:15

Not me, I commited facebook suicide. Don't do twatter.

Though I wondered why it was so quiet on here. 

20/10/2012 at 18:34
I don't do Arsebook or Twatter ;)
20/10/2012 at 18:55

I think the facebook group has suddenly got a load of new members because over a longish period of time people have requested to join but not been added - I know it was probably a few months ago I requested to join, and suddenly today someone added me. Maybe we had all been sitting there and no-one realised.

kittenkat    pirate
20/10/2012 at 18:59
mathschick wrote (see)

I think the facebook group has suddenly got a load of new members because over a longish period of time people have requested to join but not been added - I know it was probably a few months ago I requested to join, and suddenly today someone added me. Maybe we had all been sitting there and no-one realised.

No fucking idea who set up the group... But their penis will be quite stiff now.

20/10/2012 at 19:13
Might be a girl??
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
20/10/2012 at 19:28
Pirates girls have a penis or two
20/10/2012 at 19:47
They all have 'going long' balls at any rate
20/10/2012 at 20:58

Girls with penises and balls - any wonder the forum is quiet 

Dustboy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 21:07

KK you on the lager again?

seren nos    pirate
20/10/2012 at 21:20

KK you deperately drumming for business..............are there more than 5 pirates who post regulary on your RW facebook page

but if you look there are hundreds who post every day on the RW/TW threads..............maybe they are just posting on different threads to yours........or are discussing things that you are not interested in.doesn't mean that they have left

O.rangeCannon (kona-7)    pirate
20/10/2012 at 22:19

*WARNING* serious answer

I think it depends on the 'age' of the pirates.
New pirates are enthusiastic things, and they post a lot, generally about things like

'i am excited'
'i am scared'
'i am tired'
'how far?'
f*** me I did it!!!!!!

Slightly more mature pirates talk about
'how fast?'
why cant I be arsed to get out'
what bike should I buy next

even more mature pirates...
sometimes dont post much any more...
they have said most of what they want / need to say, and some one else is now giving the advice they could give
or they have moved onto other things,
or they have formed friendships from pirate races / holidays and now converse with their friends via facebook / twitter.

Also, I update the following in order......

Training Peaks
Coach's spreadsheet
RW forum
twitter
my blog / training summary
facebook

Everyone has a different list of the above and a different order - there is only so much time and something has to give...... 
For example, in my current job I actually have to work 7 hours a day - its a bit of a shock actually - I don't even get to hunt ebay either.  its just the way the team I am in now works.
I used to be able to read / post continuously as I had a less structured job.

As a result, I think RW forum is slanted to newer pirates, with a healthy input from experienced pirates on certain threads - thats no bad thing IMHO.

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/10/2012 at 01:15

OC - 7 hours a day - feck that mate, i can just about manage 5 at a push, and no, im not kidding, take kids to school, come home and eat then running and gym take me to dinnertime, work from 12:30/1:00 till 5 and thats enough for me - how do you fit your training in ??? mind you i do work saturdays ( nearly all day ) think i need to reduce my hours  

cougie    pirate
21/10/2012 at 01:38
I'd not read too much into it.

Maybe it wasn't the best idea for an infrequent (and inept) user of Facebook create the FB PSOF Group !

Sorry !
PSC    pirate
21/10/2012 at 05:59
There is a PSOF group on FB. I didn't realise.... I spend too much time training.
kittenkat    pirate
21/10/2012 at 06:33
seren nos wrote (see)

KK you deperately drumming for business..............are there more than 5 pirates who post regulary on your RW facebook page

but if you look there are hundreds who post every day on the RW/TW threads..............maybe they are just posting on different threads to yours........or are discussing things that you are not interested in.doesn't mean that they have left

No idea what you're talking about?? Drumming for business for what? Confused.

kittenkat    pirate
21/10/2012 at 06:33
Ultra cougie wrote (see)
I'd not read too much into it.

Maybe it wasn't the best idea for an infrequent (and inept) user of Facebook create the FB PSOF Group !

Sorry !

1 to 20 of 140 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.