So when you are doing a tri that starts in an indoor swimming pool ...

21 to 24 of 24 messages
20/03/2013 at 14:47

I was just thinking the other day that a great tri product would be swim goggles designed specifically to be also worn on the bike.. would be much better than trying to squeeze sunglasses on while wearing a helmet..

As everyone is saying, there isn't really much difference between pool and OW.. take your time leaving poolside.. they may have mats down to make it less slippy. We had to go downstairs in the last pool triathlon i did. That was nervy!

20/03/2013 at 15:11

Did one on a cold day in October - first competitor gets out of the pool and goes outside, and we see a huge cloud of steam pours off him. Oh good, we all thought - that'll be nice and warm when its our turn!

JvR
20/03/2013 at 17:41

Only pool tri I did was an outdoor pool and had a short distance to get from pool side for the job around to transition.

The aquathlon the other week had transition just outside the pool fire door so a short distance to get outside and to your kit.

M...eldy    pirate
20/03/2013 at 17:51

Whilst we are on the subject of 'sights you see', about the same time as the bloke with his aero helmet on back to front there was a young lass going out on the bike in her nice new tri suit, bike, cycle helmet .... and Ugg boots.   Nope, I dont know either 

All thanks to Stratford Tri   !

Oh yes and the *very* old guy in a thong and white hipster cotton trousers   PINK CARD !!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.