Solution needed for dealiing with long hair in a tri

21 to 28 of 28 messages
seren nos    pirate
22/07/2010 at 13:31
couldn't cope with a ponytail in my helmet Min...doesn't it cause you a pain with it there at all...
22/07/2010 at 13:41
I've been trying to work out how to write "I stroked FB's no. 2 on Monday and was delighted to find that it was very soft and not at all spiky" without it looking a bit , but as we're all grownups I've decided to leave the statement as it is.
22/07/2010 at 15:24
22/07/2010 at 15:40

fetishism at it's best

22/07/2010 at 18:09
Pony tail for swim, bike. Throw a baseball cap and shades on for the run. Well actually still have shades on from the bike leg.
22/07/2010 at 20:52
Parky - I have layers and I too find a high ponytail painful under a cycle helmet.  I tend to have the upper half of my hair in one ponytail, then for the swim, I put it all in a high ponytail but not pulling it all through (to create a bun effect).  After the swim I put it in a low ponytail so it comes below the helmet.  Depending on how I feel I may leave it like that or put it back in a high ponytail for the run.  All throughout the Tri, I keep the upper half pulled off my face.
24/07/2010 at 13:06
Just popping in to say thanks everyone.  I've tried all of the suggestions and have found an easy solution for Sunday from above.  I'll work on learning to plait for the next time (if there is one).  I quite like the pigtail/Pippi Longstocking look.
BMBecky    pirate
25/07/2010 at 08:16

Jeez, I thought it was a faff having bobbed hair.  It permanently looks sh*te at the moment, was considering growing it so I could tie it up, but this thread's just made me think going shorter would be better!

Good luck with the tri Parklife! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.