South Wales Aquathlon Series Tredegar

21 to 32 of 32 messages
01/06/2012 at 08:59

Thanks Alex. Was good fun but pretty fast, I'm not used to this flat out sprint racing, these old legs dont like moving that quickly.  Cracking turn out of 66, we're going to have to build a bigger transition next time, we wern't expecting that number last night.

I'didn't see any fish, you were obviuosly enjoying the view too much 

We're thinking of a new rule for the next race - everybody has to bring two handfuls of weed into transition from the swim, that'll mean by the last race it should be weed free!

02/06/2012 at 08:36

I'm liking the sound of that rule. You should have it as a handicap for the fast guys...they have to bring their own bodyweight in weed into transition! Or, even better, they have to bring MY bodyweight in weed!! Yes, that could help!!

I just think that I swim too slowly to scare the fish off!!

Anyway, credit to you guys organising and I look forward to the June one!

22/06/2012 at 09:42

Round two next Thursday, 28 June. Good news is that due to all the nice rain we've had the lake is overflowing. So nice & full. Bad news is, all that nice clean fresh water hasn't done a lot for the water temperature 

(best not to try it without a wetsuit - like some old fool has just done!)

Its only 750m , how cold can you get in that short a distance? Nice 5k run will soon warm you up.

Same details as last month. Entries on the night available. Registration from 5:30? race starts at 7:00pm. Oh its absolutely pi**ed down the last 3 Thursday nights so its going to be a glorious evening next week!

28/06/2012 at 10:42

Latest forcast gives a very pleasant evening for Tredegar today. Anyone coming to fight their way through the weeds to the first turn?

28/06/2012 at 23:11

Despite the clouds rolling in, 10 minutes before the off, the sun broke through & we did have a nice evening. A touch windy, which gave the swim a nice edge up the back straight & across the top. And the water wasn't that cold either, no wetsuit for me  or was that just coz I only went in up to my knees.

A nice big field again. We need to slow them fast young guys down a bit, they make it look too easy.   http://www.newporttri.co.uk/pages/page_12746/ParcBrynbachaquathlonseries.aspx

Next race Thursday 30 July.

Edited: 28/06/2012 at 23:14
30/06/2012 at 09:13

Yep, this was a good event again...it is a great series and good fun all around!! Water was quite warm apart from by the buoys! Some speedy times again!! I got a 4min PB this time, so was pleased with that!!

Slugs - If I can make the July one I will come and introduce myself!

Oh, no fish this time!!

30/06/2012 at 11:41

Glad you enjoyed it. 

I cant race them any more, unfortunately, and not sure what my duties will be on the next one, but I'll be there marshallinf somewhere.

75 entrants, one didn't make the start line, one had to call it a day on the first turn, 2 didn't want to run. Just pleased we didn't have the rain that we'd suffered the last 3 thursdays with the running club sessions up there, otherwise it would have been a 5k swim!

Edited: 30/06/2012 at 11:43
19/07/2012 at 10:36

Round 3 on Thursday 26 July. Now that summer is here, the rain has stoped, with nice weather forcast for the next week, the water will be just right for some fast swimming. I haven't got far in oulling all the weeds out yet though . Arrangements as normal, entry on the night, registration from 5:30, race starts at 7:00, I'm in the pub by 8:30 (Please)

Iron Pingu    pirate
19/07/2012 at 10:48

Cool, hoping to make this one

25/07/2012 at 23:00

There is a rumour that the race is full for tomorrow - its NOT. There will be entries on the night. Dont want to put anyone off.

Anyone fancy a nice cooling swim?  I dont expect the lake  to be that warm. 

23/08/2012 at 11:16

Last race of the series next Tursday 30 August.. All the arrangements as normal. Entry on the night available, registration from 5:30 in the visitors centre, race start 7:00. 750m lake swim, 5k flat(ish) run.

The Parc have arranged to cool the water down with some nice fresh spring water off the mountain, we dont want to water to be too warm. The weeds haven't grown any more since the last race.

The weather forcast is..........????? (it'll be nice)

Looks like I'll be missing this time, but hoping to make it back to see the race. Big turn out for the last 2 events so hoping that we get a nice field again this time.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
23/08/2012 at 11:20

I seem to have organised my holidays around the races this year............next year I will try harder

good luck

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.