Southampton

???

12 messages
WildWill    pirate
06/10/2011 at 16:21
Any one here train in (or around) Southampton?

Im going to be working down there for a while and looking for training locations/clubs/ gyms people for the odd training session etc .. anything to get my motivation going

TA!
M.r Zuvai    pirate
06/10/2011 at 16:24
if you fancy some sea swiming you're welcome to pop round to Southsea - might be a bit far though
WildWill    pirate
06/10/2011 at 16:56
Must add .... I'll only be there through the week
cougie    pirate
06/10/2011 at 18:24
I think Primera Sport is down that stretch of the country. Worth a trip if you're in a buying mood !
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
06/10/2011 at 18:31
Couple of clubs in Southampton area Will. www.southamptontriclub.co.uk and david lloyd too.
06/10/2011 at 20:19
I am at uni there but its placement year this year. Southampton running club were very friendly, uni gym is very good, also a fitness first, david lloyd and loads other. The tri club seem very active but i was never brave enough
06/10/2011 at 20:33
Swim at calshot when the tides right, getting a bit dark now tho during week.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
07/10/2011 at 14:49

Talk to SuperCaz, she's near Southampton and does sea swimming.

TR
07/10/2011 at 19:33
I live near Pompey, which is a bit too far away to meet up, plus I do all my training early doors anyway. And there's no way I'm going near the oggin again this year !
07/10/2011 at 20:38
Doozer is somewhere down that way I think? Bournemouth maybe?

But I wouldnt bother with training mate. You can blag an IM!
07/10/2011 at 21:01
I train with (co-lead) one of the Southampton AC training groups. Winter time we meet at the Bellemore Rd entrance to Southampton common on tuesday evenings and at the Southampton AC portakabin at the sports centre on thursdays, both at 7:00pm. Wide range of speeds in the group so sessions are usually interval based on Tues and hills on Thurs. Planned sessions here: http://www.southamptonathleticclub.org.uk/training/road_cal.htm .
M...eldy    pirate
07/10/2011 at 22:03
Gladys (all over!) M. wrote (see)
Doozer is somewhere down that way I think? Bournemouth maybe? But I wouldnt bother with training mate. You can blag an IM!

Dooz, Crab, ATOM ... all 'down that way somewhere'  in a vague geographic nod  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.