Sprint tri > bike training advice?

1 message
03/09/2012 at 16:55

Hello all,

I have been running for a long time, mainly trail. The last two years I've had the great chance to enter the Ilfracombe Triathlon, which is a particularly hilly Sprint Marathon.

Now - until now I have simply based my training on running and a bit of swimming (I try to train in a swim club - even when i must be the worst swimmer in history!). But this year i want to do intense bike training because although i feel aerobically very fit because all my running / I know i could improve my riding times a lot.

My question is simple: what would you fine people in these very forums suggest as a bike training that wouldn't take more than 3 days a week, aimed for a very hilly 25k route - and that wouldn't force me to stop my strictly running training? (I am aiming for the north Devon Marathon next year as well - so i really want to be able to train for both events in a consistent manner)...

I know that participating in such disparate events means that i will not be brilliant at any of them - BUT at least i want to make sure that my riding improves substantially this year...

Thanks in advance!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.