strava.... *sigh*

I've just been seduced

21 to 24 of 24 messages
15/06/2012 at 21:46
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

LN - please could you PM me the security tips.  Ta! 

Slight problem with that.... your PM's aren't enabled.

17/06/2012 at 09:32

Just going to post the link now as it seems to be helping most. Thanks FF for his suggestions too.

- Using the same nickname on the map sharing route sites as you do on any forums, social networking sites, blogs, ebay etc

- Having your social networking and route mapping accounts open to people other than your friends.  The best way to check what information you are showing is to copy your website address from the account and ask a friend to check it. They’ll probably look for different details than you.

- Posting advertisement with give away clues when selling old bikes ie ‘now have a great new bike so don’t need this one’

-  Having any pages online that show your full name and user ID. It just makes it that much easier to track where you live, especially if you have an unusual name. 

- Bragging about your kit and new bling bike on bike threads on forums, and posting pics.

- Listing the details of your bikes on Strava. Just use road1, 2 etc or log bike mileage elsewhere if you need to do it.

- Starting  maps or your Garmin near your house. Mapmyrun, Garmin connect etc don’t allow you to hide the start and end points on maps.

-  Posting your times, race numbers etc on threads just makes it that bit easier to find out who you are in ‘real life.’

- Publishing rides on map sharing sites while you are away.

- Using pics of your new bike bling as your avatar.

Cheerful Dave    pirate
17/06/2012 at 09:42
I always thought that putting that 'Triathlon England' sticker in your car outside your house was a bit of a giveaway that there might be a bit of bling in the garage.
17/06/2012 at 09:46

Good point well made CD. Can I add it to the list?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.