Swimming Ear Plugs

getting some ear probs so need some advice on good ear plugs for swimming

21 to 31 of 31 messages
16/05/2012 at 08:35
Whether I have odd shaped ears or not I don't know but the standard zoggs earplugs do the trick for me & were recommended to me by a few other people who love them as well - but as trogs says you have to get them the right way round tho

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zoggs-aqua-plugz/

Slagiatt - how are you getting on now?
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
16/05/2012 at 08:53
+2 for zoggs aqua plugs
Slagiatt    pirate
16/05/2012 at 09:47

Hi Shas , well i tried a few but the ones that seen to work best for me are the Macks aquablock ones .. pretty comfortable .. a little fiddly to get in but not too bad. They are about 4 or 5 quid for 2 pairs from Amazon and fleabay .  No further ear issues so swimming back on track .. just the cycling and running that are a mess now

No chinstrap though

17/04/2013 at 10:22
18/04/2013 at 07:27

The only thing about the cheap earplugs is that they have a habit of falling out, nothing worse than finding someones yellow ear plug floating around the swimming pool, its like a twisted kiss chase

I was chased around the pool this morning by a used plaster, it was like a scene from Jaws ( I screamed like a shark attack victim). I got to the edge safely and was comforted by the pool guard who heroically got the big net out.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/04/2013 at 21:14

I was advised that I needed to use ear plugs and told USE PUTTY (yes nursey was VERY adamant about this!)

I use Zoggs but break each "bit" into 2. I also have a small head so use a childs swimming hair band under my hat to ensure they don't move as I would hate to have them floating about!!

WildWill    pirate
19/04/2013 at 08:51

I jsut use cheep ones .. from local chemist and have no problems even for swims up to 4hrs

06/05/2013 at 09:16

We have gone through and lost quite a lot over last few years but whilst doing the rounds of home bargains last week for cleaning stuff i found they also had the silicon ones we normally use - 79p for 6, i have pixy ears so split them in half and OH just loses them so they are helpful being bright orange! (worth a try and loads cheaper than everywhere else!)  

06/05/2013 at 15:26

I had some made by my hospital ENT department (they usually make them for children) after a couple of years of recurrent ear infections. £20 they cost me, a bargain. Worth asking...

06/05/2013 at 17:24

I have lost count of the amount of swimming goggles i have left.  I too have little pixie ears and have trouble finding earplugs that don't come out.   Finally, found some that are brill.  Speedos.  Very difficult to describe ..... i'd say they are shaped like little umbrellas.

13/05/2013 at 15:44

I have recently bought some speedo ear plugs, I forget I have them in most of the time...................Pardon ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.