Swimming Masters Session at Tooting Lido

errr NOT! oi Candy!

201 to 211 of 211 messages
28/08/2004 at 10:44
friday afternoon? i tried that once you have to play 'dodge the chav'
AndrewSmith    pirate
28/08/2004 at 11:05
it wasn't too bad there were only 3 or 4 in there and they were up in the corner near the entrance. it was a bit chilly though, i had to get out after a while as i was getting cold.
28/08/2004 at 11:10
i went on a really hot day there were hundreds of them. one bunch (i realised after about 8 lengths) were swimming in front of me deliberately. i also noticed that ironically, they were sh*te breast strokers and it was too deep to stand. so i swam straight over them a couple of times and kicked uneccessarily hard and they stopped doing it. unfortunately they didn't drown.
AndrewSmith    pirate
28/08/2004 at 11:21
thats the technique i use for old people in my lane at the public baths. they had it right in logans run(except maybe a bit older than 40, seeing as i am there soon)
bring back the sparten values, send the weak and old to the local pool and let triathletes practice mass start techniques over them. like the samurai practicing their sword strokes on criminals.
28/08/2004 at 15:06
you ought to try running and swimming in Kingston, there's millions of them here, must be the chav capital of England.

Fortunately the chav areas are quite well defined so you can save up a bit of energy to make sure that you can, if necessary put in a bit of sprint..
30/08/2004 at 16:49
no takers? i'll have a lie in and go for a run instead then
AndrewSmith    pirate
30/08/2004 at 18:52
i'm going in the morning for a few lengths, will try a wetsuit this time.
30/08/2004 at 19:22
won't be there tomorrow, but plan to be there on Fri
AndrewSmith    pirate
30/08/2004 at 19:25
i am working round the corner(sort of) so its an excuse. but will try to get there more than once this week. if theres an enterprise rental van in the carpark it will be me(mines being fixed)
01/09/2004 at 21:29
Does the Lido close for the winter? And can someone tell me what the opening times are.

The open water venue that I swim at will close in a few weeks and I'm looking for an alternative.

cheers

Dave F.
02/09/2004 at 07:18
doesnt close if you are a member of the SLSC

http://www.slsc.org.uk/

anyone fancy xmas day!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
201 to 211 of 211 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.