Swimming over people

Is there a polite way to do this?

21 to 23 of 23 messages
Blisters    pirate
16/07/2012 at 22:52

Thanks for that,  FB. Very helpful.

I think that I might try swimming across the pool during the busiest of the lane sessions, instead of along the lanes.
Alternatively my dolphin of a daughter could be persuaded to start after me and just keep ploughing over the top whenever she overtakes. That would be every 2nd or 3rd length.

17/07/2012 at 07:22

We do drills in the pool where four of you swim alongside each other in one lane.  Its very crowded so simulates the start quite well.  If you can do the same in OW then that is a big bonus

Gyraffe    pirate
17/07/2012 at 10:02
kittenkat wrote (see)
Gyraffe wrote (see)

Kk - in what way is it ironic?

Well I directed that at fb because we've talked a bit about officiating and I'm interested in his views now being that side of the coin.

My point is that bike rules are enforced quite rigidly in well organised tris, quite rightly as most of them are from a safety point of view predominantly.

However, the swim is always a free for all with virtually no rules. I just find it a juxtaposition.

Yep - I agree it's a contradiction. But I don't think it's ironic because they're not trying to make the swim super safe - ironic is when you bang your head on a safety canoe and drown!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.