T-30 weeks for IMW

1 to 20 of 86 messages
Duda the Mutineer    pirate
16/02/2014 at 16:29

Been training well for the last couple of months but just had two easy weeks before starting on Fink.

Now T-30 is here and I have a huge dose of CBA... feeling frustrated  

16/02/2014 at 20:46

Hills, hills and more hills...that's what awaits you, so if that doesn't motivate you to train then it is going to be a very long day in Wales.

MTri    pirate
17/02/2014 at 06:56
Yep, CBA comes and goes, just need to hope it doesn't stay long, but that's what rest periods are for
17/02/2014 at 07:33

I made it to the pool last nigh and managed a decent session left me feeling a little more positive as swimming in my weakest discipline. Hoping I can get my mojo back this week. A bit of out door training would help as I am getting sick of treadmilll and turbo sessions.

cougie    pirate
17/02/2014 at 10:58
Its very hard to keep motivated for such a long time. Have you not got a shorter distance tri in the nearer future to keep your interest up ?
17/02/2014 at 12:18

I have am booked on to the Titan middle distance on the 5th July. Maybe I should use that to try and motivate me.

Thanks

cougie    pirate
17/02/2014 at 12:29
Thats still 5 months off - I don't think it would work for me.

Get a standard in the diary maybe ? I've a duathlon next month that's kept me going all winter.
17/02/2014 at 12:36

Im in the same boat Dunda. but asw of tomorrow its hard work all the way to September. Just get out there and do it, thats my thinking. Once the training really picks up and you are out of your comfort zone it will spur you on. Tjhats what i am hoping anyway ha ha ha good luck mate

17/02/2014 at 14:37

I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow, I think the key is if it's your first IM (which it was for me last year) it's all new and the fear factor drives you, this time round it's all about goal setting and improving, going further, faster for longer.

Swimming bores me, it's an hour of tedium, but I learned to enjoy it, even silly little goals in a session just help get through those first 10 weeks, even better, a faster swimmer joins the lane, tag onto them and do plenty of drills.  It's the most technical thing we do so there's always things to focus on or improve on.

17/02/2014 at 15:01

RV starting mine on Thurday as I work most weekend but often have time of at the beginning of the week. So I am having my rest day on Wednesday.

I have tried a few of the Fink swim sessions in the competitive plan and it takes me about 1 hr 30 to finish them but hopefully that will improve.

17/02/2014 at 15:01

Yeh I think your right Final RV, I am thinking about nothing else but Ironman at the min, what to wear? will i be ok on the bike? its all i thnk about.

But I need to stop overthinking and start training. Roll on tomorow

17/02/2014 at 15:38

If it's taking you 90 minutes to do the 2500m sessions, have some lessons, it will improve you, best money I spent last year was on 6 one to one coached lessons.

17/02/2014 at 16:09

Day one - rest day.  Good luck everyone, it's going to be a fun 30 weeks.  Hit those hills!  I'm signed up for Tour of Pembrokeshire, Outlaw Half, LCW, and a few others to keep things fresh through the year.

17/02/2014 at 16:24

I've been reading the last couple of years Wales threads over the last week or so. Not ashamed to admit that a few race reports have left me with a lump in my throat thinking how its gonna feel coming down the red carpet.

I will bump them forward for all the other first timers to read the build up and race reports.

That should cure any motivational problems.

seren nos    pirate
17/02/2014 at 17:30

11th may.   blaenavon tri .......between sprint and olympic distance.....and hills that will really help with IMW

M...eldy    pirate
17/02/2014 at 17:45

'At this stage it is consistent exercising and not training' .... said a person a lot wiser than me

17/02/2014 at 18:07

Seren, I am working on the 11th May. I did look at that one.

Final RV, I looked at lessons but to be honest I can't afford them right now. I joined a masters club 4 weeks ago and they have got me from not being able to do 25 mtrs freestyle to at least being able to complete the 2500mtr work out in 90 mins. I think that decent progress and hope that it will only get better.

Edited: 17/02/2014 at 18:19
17/02/2014 at 19:43

Seren I'll be there again.  Blaenavon is so tough it give you an 'If I can do that, I can do anything' outlook.

M...eldy    pirate
17/02/2014 at 20:31

Duda, an alternative view would be that you are flogging a bad technique and that time would be better spent at this stage on more frequent shorter sessions to perfect the technique ??
What feedback does the Masers class give you on technique ?

17/02/2014 at 21:42

Meldy, the feed back I have had is that my technique is improving with each session and that It will continue to do so.I am currently swimming 3 times a week. Personally I think  my progress has been good. I will see how things go over the next couple of weeks and re evaluate things.

I really appreciate the advise thanks guys

1 to 20 of 86 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.