Talkback: 10-Week Olympic Schedule

Hi, On week 4 of my training I see that I'm supposed to do some kind of technical traning. It says, "Tech session: transition training - swi...

5 messages
18/05/2013 at 01:59

Hi,

On week 4 of my training I see that I'm supposed to do some kind of technical traning. It says, "Tech session: transition training - swim to bike".  Does anyone know how long the swim and bike session should be? Is there anything else I should be doing for the "tech session"?

cougie    pirate
18/05/2013 at 07:39
I don't think it matters that much. It's the transition you're practicing. The getting out of swim kit and into bike kit.

It might be hard to do this at the pool. You could do it in your garden a few times to see how it goes.
18/05/2013 at 07:57

Go into back garden, put bike kit in carrier bag, put on wet suit, get family member or close friend to spray you with a hose, run around for 30 seconds, pull off wet suit, put wet suit in carrier bag and put on bike kit........if family member or close friend has not fallen over laughing they can tell you how you got on........

04/07/2013 at 07:54

Apologies for the silly question: whats R20/R30?

10/07/2013 at 19:04

I believe it means rest 20 seconds / rest 30 seconds.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.