Taplow lake

New ow swim venue

8 messages
26/04/2012 at 13:52

Taplow Lake

I'm thinking of heading out there next weekend. I hear that the water is very clear, there are hot showers, hot drinks and burgers/bacon butties so just need it to get a little bit warmer.

Anyone else?

Golden Boots    pirate
26/04/2012 at 14:20

Ooh tempting... annoying that the lake closes at 9am though on a saturday!

I also resent having to pay to swim OW though after doing all of my OW training last year in the sea. May be tempted to head up on Saturday morning if you are going Soupy?

26/04/2012 at 14:38
Not this Saturday but maybe next Saturday or Sunday. The water was 12 degrees yesterday which is far too cold for me. I'm a wimp. It might not be much better next week but with the Victoria Dock swim end of May I can't leave it too much longer. 
26/04/2012 at 17:29

Soup - for me, I am finding it hard to justify paying petrol and entry fee when my local lake is 10 mins away and subject to a one off annual fee.

However, if you want to add a gentle (and I do mean gentle) bike afterwards I could come and keep you company.  I understand tho if a gentle bike is not for you at this point in your training

Edited: 26/04/2012 at 17:30
Golden Boots    pirate
26/04/2012 at 17:46
I have just realised that Thorpe Lake is a little bit closer for me (I'll be travelling by bike) so will probably use that actually
26/04/2012 at 21:39
Anyone know when Shepperton lake opens?
IronCat5    pirate
27/04/2012 at 08:30
When the water gest to 12degC. Currently 9.9....
Dustboy    pirate
27/04/2012 at 19:54
Thorpe is great early on in the season, before Mister Weedy turns up. Shepperton is best after.

Siggy can sometimes be found towing the water skiers around when the boat is busted )))

Shout me when it hits 15 degrees, or see you in July. LOL.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.