TdF 2010

201 to 214 of 214 messages
20/07/2010 at 10:12

General consensus is about 2 minutes.     I reckon that's too much to leave to the Tourmalet on Thursday unless Contador blows completely - he needs something today.    

On the positive side Schleck did look to have cracked descending yesterday - I thought he limited his losses really well given that Sanchez is meant to be quick down a hill and Contador and Menchov were both working too whereas Schleck seemed to get limited help from VDB.  

The Trickster    pirate
20/07/2010 at 12:28
I hope some crazed nutter comes out of the crowd pushes Contador over, bang out of order what he did yesterday. Today should be interesting - esp. as someone's already posted a 'spoiler' thread so somethings happened (unless it's someone who's done what I should have done and taken the day off).
20/07/2010 at 12:34

In the post race interview, Contador said that he hadn't realised that Schlek's chain was off. From the way he said it I figured he was lying. And from the slow motion replays he could see perfectly that Andy had had an mechanical something or other. Then he apologised later, so he definitely knew. But he's too nice a person to be a real villain so I felt a bit sorry for him when he got booed.

Poor Andy tore up that hill after them like a condemned man -impressive. And made for a very exciting finish.

However, I think Sanchez (my personal favourite) and Menchov have come out of this better than anyone and may even push Schlek off the podium. But after Contador launched that attack they had no choice but to follow I suppose. 

20/07/2010 at 12:36
Bot of us have the day off or wukking from home over on the spoiler
The Trickster    pirate
21/07/2010 at 12:46
Mmmm, any ideas what to do tonight? Actually I'm out - nice piece of timing given it's the rest day. Hopefully the Tour will get decided tomorrow as I won't be near a TV on Saturday!
cougie    pirate
21/07/2010 at 12:49

Yeah I'm off to London to see the ITU at the weekend. Stoopid boy. Missed the start due to IMDE and now I'm missingthe finish !

Thursday could be a blood bath i reckon - and eeevil after a rest day !

21/07/2010 at 13:08
Another breakaway for Lance?  While I'd like to see a(nother) 'blaze of glory' moment,Twitter says he has tired legs today.   
JD.    pirate
22/07/2010 at 09:18

i can't see lance doing anything.  he looks so old.

looking forward to today.  on holiday so i'll catch the last bit int he afternoon.

JD.
Ratbag    pirate
22/07/2010 at 09:24

I am so looking forward to today....I also hope as said before that Shleck gives it a real go and puts a couple of minutes into Contador....just as revenge for what happened on Tuesday and to give him a chance in the GC as he will no doubt lose time on the TT....

Cougs....what's the ITU?

22/07/2010 at 09:31

ITU= International Triathon Union- it's the London leg of the world series this weekend
http://www.triathlon.org/news/article/london_world_champs_preview/

Ratbag    pirate
22/07/2010 at 09:40

Cheers FeFe

Bit keen there Cougster....hoping for a few tips???

Edited: 22/07/2010 at 09:41
cougie    pirate
22/07/2010 at 09:41
That's the baby ! And coincidentally there's meant to be post I'm pirate drinks too ?
Ratbag    pirate
22/07/2010 at 09:41
Ah! That explains the keenness....sorry I can't join you.....
The Trickster    pirate
23/07/2010 at 10:52

Sunday =  TdF in Paris and the ITU in London. Apparently we're celebrating the in-laws Wedding Anniversary and I'm not to spend the day in front of the TV. I wonder how much trouble I'll be in if........

Andy Schleck - what a class guy. I'd still be fuming at Alberto (although to be fair he did give away yesterday's win and in all liklihood will be the 8th winner not to have won a stage) although he's risen above all that. I do wonder if it would have been a different story if Frank had still been in the race. And he speaks 3 languages.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
201 to 214 of 214 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.