The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

Volunteers, please - the more, the merrier!

21 to 40 of 930 messages
01/02/2012 at 19:44
I suspect I'll be adding Swiss Mummy to the list, but I'll wait till she tells me to!
Iron Pingu    pirate
02/02/2012 at 13:52
Nice list tidy Schmunks, that was getting in a right mess, lol.
02/02/2012 at 14:17
we said that we'd support at Outlaw but looking at commitments we already have for racing (we're racing away from home on consecutive weekends before Outlaw) and then our Olympic volunteer duties after the Outlaw weekend, we may not be able to help now. it's a question of balancing time off work with business commitments....

so for the time being stick us on a provisional list please.....I'm not going to commit and then let people down. if we can make it, we will, but best to have spare hands than no shows....

12/02/2012 at 08:38
I'd like to help out at the feedstation. would someone be good enough and add my name to the list. I'm typing this on my phone which doesnt seem to like lists. looking forward to this!

Thanks
12/02/2012 at 09:37
Volunteers

Debbo (and maybe BtS)
Fraggle
IronPingu - Daughter of
Iron Pingu - Friend of
Lee The Pea
Prince Seigfried - Son 1
Prince Seigfried - Son 2
Purpletrilady
Saffers - Mr
Saffers - Mum of
Schmunkee
Seren nos
Shuffling
Silent Assassin and Jordy
Wabbitty + 1
12/02/2012 at 10:02
Thanks Schmunkee - The List Fairy
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
12/02/2012 at 10:08
Gastank reporting for duty.... Ma'am !
12/02/2012 at 10:39

oh crikey don't call her Ma'am or she wil think she has been promoted to list queen! We suffer enough already.  

doing a grand job Schumunks   <pulls forelock and backs out reverently>

12/02/2012 at 10:53

Debbo (and maybe BtS)
Fraggle
Gastank
IronPingu - Daughter of
Iron Pingu - Friend of
Lee The Pea
Prince Seigfried - Son 1
Prince Seigfried - Son 2
Purpletrilady
Saffers - Mr
Saffers - Mum of
Schmunkee
Seren nos
Shuffling
Wabbitty + 1

*goes to log on as The Kit Fairy*

12/02/2012 at 11:08

Sorry - I got side-lined.  I actually came in here to say thank you to the volunteers for doing this.  Having a pirate feed station is going to make a big difference to my day. I hope you have fun at the same time.  I will be supplying some pirate cup cakes so you don't go hungry.

12/02/2012 at 11:12
As the Orgainser of the Feed Station I feel I should be responsible for taste-testing
12/02/2012 at 11:24
I'm more than willing to offer my tasting services too
IronCat5    pirate
12/02/2012 at 22:38

No need. We tasted them on a Surrey ride t'other week. They were superb.

Future thanks to feedstationers! You may have Mrs Cat5 and the kittens 'helping'...

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
18/02/2012 at 22:52
Promoting this above the spam... And in case of course anybody else wants to volunteer
19/02/2012 at 08:40

Debbo (and maybe BtS)
Fraggle
Gastank
IronPingu - Daughter of
Iron Pingu - Friend of
Lee The Pea
Madge
Prince Seigfried - Son 1
Prince Seigfried - Son 2
Purpletrilady
Saffers - Mr
Saffers - Mum of
Schmunkee
Seren nos
Shuffling
Wabbitty + 1

24/02/2012 at 22:19
Debbo (and maybe BtS)
Fraggle
Gastank
IronPingu - Daughter of
Iron Pingu - Friend of
Lee The Pea
Madge
Prince Seigfried - Son 1
Prince Seigfried - Son 2
Purpletrilady
RafikiD
Saffers - Mr
Saffers - Mum of
Schmunkee
Seren nos
Shuffling
Wabbitty + 1
Iron Pingu    pirate
24/02/2012 at 23:49

Just out of interest, where is the feed station, bike or run .. or both?

25/02/2012 at 09:26

Last year it was on the bike, at the top of a hill which name escapes me.

We did also have to post people along the bike route as Marshalls but I am hoping we can avoid this as we have so many taking part

Rafiki    pirate
26/02/2012 at 18:01

Hi Schmunkee, as a Newbie is there anything I need to know or should be doing for this - booking camp sites, learning to bake fairy cakes....that sort of thing?

(And does anyone have a clue why I cant load a photo for my profile )

26/02/2012 at 18:15

1)  All I can say is that last year there was a voucher for free camping in the supporters pack.  Whether it is going to be there this year or not, I cannot say.  Also you may wish to learn the phrase 'Yes, Schmunkee' as I am sure it will stand you in good stead for the day

2)  As for your profile pic, it has to be a certain number of pixels high and wide and be no more than a certain megabyte size.  Also it depends on when you submitted it.  If you did it after 5pm on Friday, then RW Towers would have gone home and I suspect I will be dealt with tomorrow

21 to 40 of 930 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.