The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

Volunteers, please - the more, the merrier!

741 to 760 of 930 messages
Lee the Pea    pirate
22/06/2012 at 13:41
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
Actually she is the preferred choice

The other option was to share a tent with Barlos

Dear god!   No contest then really! 

Iron Pugsley    pirate
23/06/2012 at 08:32
Morning all! I will be a swimmer in a relay and then free to lend a hand after. Any idea how easy it is to get from swim finish to feedstation? Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Lee the Pea    pirate
23/06/2012 at 08:35
Pugsley! . Good to see you on here; didn't realise you were in a relay. You might be able to head out to the feed station once the last bike has gone?
seren nos    pirate
23/06/2012 at 10:56

are we all getting excited.............i might have spare room in my tent of the first few nights if anyone gets desperate..................i probably talk in myh sleep though

23/06/2012 at 11:26

Just popping in to say a big thank you in advance to all of you who will be helping at the feedstation. First-time iron distance so quite wobbly at the mo but looking forward to friendly pirate faces. Never done the bottle change on the move thing before so apologies in advance if I fluff my lines and hit anyone by mistake. Nothing personal

Iron Pugsley    pirate
23/06/2012 at 11:55
Hey Lea - yup made a rash arrangement with Gladys in Regensburg and the chickens will come home to roost next weekend! Really looking forward to giving some of the support back that pushed my ass round Germany last year!
23/06/2012 at 14:35

Seren - be careful!  I know Barley could be looking for a place to lay his head on Friday night

23/06/2012 at 15:28
I am planning a recce of getting to the Feed Station on Saturday. I was aiming to leave HPP around 11ish. I have already managed to secure someone to come with me so that there wil be two of us who know the way and so can lead conviys on Sunday.

I was thinking of taking in a pub lunch en route too.

So the question is....does anyone else want to join us for a road trip and lunch
seren nos    pirate
23/06/2012 at 15:59

I will be in the electric hookup area so away from the pirate posse.so if barley stays with me then it would mean his snoring should not keep those racing awake................so no problems.........i will pack my earplugs just in case

I ahve slept with lots of pirates but never with barley yet...unless you count the flat earlier in the year but we were in seperate bedrooms...........

23/06/2012 at 16:12
seren nos wrote (see)

I will be in the electric hookup area so away from the pirate posse.so if barley stays with me then it would mean his snoring should not keep those racing awake................so no problems.........i will pack my earplugs just in case

I ahve slept with lots of pirates but never with barley yet...unless you count the flat earlier in the year but we were in seperate bedrooms...........

I'll be in the electric hook up and would rather Barley wasn't snoring right next door!!    
Seren,  to the beginning of your last paragraph!!    Muckee might get quite upset!!  

seren nos    pirate
23/06/2012 at 16:22

schmunkee...............what time is our swim on saturday???

PS.........schmunkee will just be pleased if he is snoring away from her tent .........barley will only want me for my cooked breakfast

23/06/2012 at 16:42

Seren - I think it's 3pm (or maybe 3:30).  I have it on an email from OSB which I will check out later and report back

seren nos wrote (see)

PS.........schmunkee will just be pleased if he is snoring away from her tent 

Yup, why do you think I am in LtP's tent

23/06/2012 at 21:52
seren nos wrote (see)

....barley will only want me for my cooked breakfast

http://gluttoner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/pirate-breakfast-600x389.jpg

23/06/2012 at 21:53

Dustboy    pirate
23/06/2012 at 22:16

I love that breakfast!

Lee the Pea    pirate
23/06/2012 at 23:17
Want! Bacon and eggs, mmmmmmmm
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
23/06/2012 at 23:42
Someone tell Raf that's what breakfast needs to look like... Can my jolly roger have extra "bones"
seren nos    pirate
24/06/2012 at 08:00

Thats brilliant marshallini

this time next week we will all have to be on duty at the ready............don't start panicking.......we have trained long and hard for this.........weeks on end holding out our arms at full stretch holding a full bottle.........our arms are strong.......they will not waver............ready to release their contents in a second.......ouir bingo wings have been trained away...we are highly tuned machines...

now whose remember to pack the beers......

24/06/2012 at 08:14

Far too much time tapering there M

24/06/2012 at 10:32

You speak for your own bingo wings Seren. Mine are tapering and have been for awhile

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.