The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

Volunteers, please - the more, the merrier!

861 to 880 of 939 messages
28/06/2012 at 21:53

Well in that case I shall indeed toddle along to the feedstation  

Ok, now I'm going to start asking stupid questions that have probably already been answered way back on page 2 of this thread or something...

Can I park at/near the feedstation?! (I assume I don't have to cycle 60 miles to get there??) Do you need a set time, or shall I just turn up? (I can be there whenever (preferably not 8am if poss!) and stay for however long). Feel free to send me instructions - on the whole I'm very obedient

Hooray, even more excited now  

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
28/06/2012 at 21:53

muckee - two more sleeps

M...eldy    pirate
28/06/2012 at 21:58

Daffs .... I should imagine any offer of help will be gratefully received whatever time you get there, the earlier the better but given even for the fastest rider/swimmer to get to 60 miles is going to be later then 8am you should be ok but I dont know about road closures  

28/06/2012 at 22:19

Schmunkee - I can only imagine (and quail at) the amount of work you've had to do to get us even this far. I don't know how many of our fellow giveroutersofdrinksanstuff have been on a feed station before, but if they have they will know that it's SO much more than simply mixing, filling, chopping, opening, tidying, feeding, smiling, cheering and chivvying, helping athletes with all sorts of odd things, not getting in the way, not knocking people off their bikes, not being able to pee (or eat or drink or breathe) while it's busy. It takes a hell of a lot of organisation and communication with the powers that be before we even get to race day or set up. 

I may well be feeling a little too fluffy after a very large glass of wine, but ... what the heck: you're fab.

Hope    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:25

Yup! Jj said it so well. I'll just say a big THANK YOU!!!
It's going to be brilliant knowing you guys will be there.

Thanks for rallying the troops Schmunks xx

Hope    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:26

And you have Garr and my little boy to help too

Iron Pugsley    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:26
Guys - as soon as I can get from swim to feedstation I will and will be there for the duration. Can someone let me know how to get there and my wife will go straight there and, if the baby sleeps, she will help out.
Hope    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:27

My Dad and sister may be able to get there too.... I'll let you know!

28/06/2012 at 22:44

All - me and Raf are planning a feed station recce on Saturday mid/late morning and will be able to give more specifics about the feed station after that.  Please 'bear with' (trademark Miranda) 

28/06/2012 at 22:52

Dr Daffs - the feed station is approx 13 miles (30 mins drive) from HPP.  I don't believe we will be affected by road closures; I think they are confined to HPP itself

Lee the Pea    pirate
28/06/2012 at 22:57
I'm happy to come on the recce too
28/06/2012 at 23:16
Muckee - I will be there all day as well as the start & happy to go on the recce (helps when you said there might be a pub lunch involved ) & collect stuff the night before etc. Am purely there to help (& throw abuse at Gassy!) so whatever you need help with just yell! I can't do heavy lifting / setting up gazebo etc with my shoulder but generally pretty able & willing otherwise!
28/06/2012 at 23:17

Supporters should have an email 

29/06/2012 at 07:35

The Feed Station is just before Kilvington

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/200439/gallery/to_feed_station_0.jpg?width=350

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/200439/gallery/to_feed_station_2.jpg?width=350

mellifera    pirate
29/06/2012 at 08:15
Schmunkee - above and beyond doesn't even begin you cover it. I am hugely grateful for everything you've done. You are an absolute star! You are 100% a pirate whether you race IM or not.
Top work. You've got to be a shoe-in for best supporter. See you soon, hope I can buy you a drink.
29/06/2012 at 08:32

Echo what Meli said.

29/06/2012 at 08:34

Schmunks, I might be bringing someone but didn't want to say anything earlier in case they pulled out and let you down.

IronCat5    pirate
29/06/2012 at 08:35

+1.

29/06/2012 at 08:43
mellifera wrote (see)
Schmunkee - above and beyond doesn't even begin you cover it. I am hugely grateful for everything you've done. You are an absolute star! You are 100% a pirate whether you race IM or not.
Top work. You've got to be a shoe-in for best supporter. See you soon, hope I can buy you a drink.

Couldn't agree more. We couldn't race without you guys!

If you are still short of people there are 2 people I know who live in Newark and may be willing to help out. I believe they were planning to support on the bike course I might manage to persuade them to help out! My biggest problem will be getting hold of them, I don't have any mobile nos. just an email address!

29/06/2012 at 09:30
mellifera wrote (see)

861 to 880 of 939 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.