The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

Volunteers, please - the more, the merrier!

881 to 900 of 930 messages
29/06/2012 at 15:00
Schmunkee, I've a few family members who might find their way out to support on the bike course this Sunday. I can't promise their availablilty but if they extra hands are welcome, I'll suggest they head over to Pirate feed station?
29/06/2012 at 16:49
FishTank (wishing it was a knitting club) wrote (see)

.... FUNNY i seemed to fill the car this morning and i haven't packed clothes, there is no food, no ice box i've gone wrong somewhere i just know i have.... strangely there is two cases of strawberry cider that seems to have prioritised itself somehow?!?

shassy send me the list I NEED A LAUGH!!

What do you mean no food????? What about the Thorntons?  

29/06/2012 at 17:10

Hi, my name is Tony (AKA button mushroom) I'm a good friend & training partner of SLAG who is taking part in the outlaw event this weekend in Nottingham, I would like to help out at the Feed Station, is this possible?

29/06/2012 at 17:41

SMT!!! of course you can help out....Schmunks will around soon to give you some orders...you staying at the premier inn too?

29/06/2012 at 17:52

No iam coming up sunday morning about 6am.

29/06/2012 at 18:18

They'll be glad to have you Tony. Can you enable your PMs (go into your profile to change this) so I can send you a contact number.

Slagiatt    pirate
29/06/2012 at 21:23
Heeeey button mushroom (Still think slags mate Tony was a better name ).good to see you on here mate , bout bloody time .. See you a couple of times on Sunday at feed station all being well.
meface    pirate
29/06/2012 at 21:35

When do we get the buffs? Just remembered it was the only reason I entered.

Britrisky    pirate
29/06/2012 at 21:53
I'll be there with my son to help out as well - we're camping tomorrow so hopefully can meet up with folk then.
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
29/06/2012 at 21:54
m.eface wrote (see)

When do we get the buffs? Just remembered it was the only reason I entered.

i didn't even know about a buff... I heard there's a good bar 30m north of the finishing line, but the only way to get to is...

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
29/06/2012 at 21:55

see you there Brit!

Britrisky wrote (see)
I'll be there with my son to help out as well - we're camping tomorrow so hopefully can meet up with folk then.

30/06/2012 at 06:07
Good morning! The buffs are being given out by OSB at competitor registration. It appears they are being very well received
30/06/2012 at 06:09
Good to speak to you yesterday and looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, Button Mushrrom

Thanks LN for acting as go-between
The Silent Assassin    pirate
30/06/2012 at 07:51
Finally button mushroom makes an appearance, look forward to seeing you Sunday morning mate, me and jordy are on the feed station, we can carry on the banter.
30/06/2012 at 23:02
Post code for feed station is NG13 9PH.

Take A46 towards Bingham, then A52 towards Grantham. After passing through Elton-On-The-Hill turn left immediately after The Little India (former pub, now Indian restaurant). Follow the road for 4 or 5 miles through Alfreton and then you will see the feed station signs. If you have gone through Kilvington you have missed it
30/06/2012 at 23:06
Edited: 30/06/2012 at 23:07
02/07/2012 at 07:52

Morning all. Just a quick catch-up now I'm back home to say what a fab day it was at the feed station yesterday. It ran like clockwork and was so much fun. Thanks to Schmunkee for doing such a good job - you worked like a trooper. Gutted I'm not able to go to the party today so I'll raise a cup of tea to everyone at 1pm today thinking of everyone.

02/07/2012 at 09:20

Morning from me too, and a big thank you for an excellent day! Schmunkee did indeed do a fabulous job marshalling the troops, and I hope everyone who did the race enjoyed it as much as we did. Fab day all round (although I can barely walk today and I didn't even do the race!)

BIG well done to all the Piratey Outlaws, SO much fun to stand and cheer you all over the line (and a special well done to Podds - knew you could do it!)

Party at 1pm you say? Will raise a cup of tea here too 

Daffs x

Running Postie    pirate
02/07/2012 at 09:26

thank you to everyone on the feed station, I had the quickest pee stop ever and  my bike was fully loaded for me by the time I got out of the loo! Now that is called SUPPORT!

02/07/2012 at 15:57

Thanks to Schmunks for doing a sterling job of organising us in conditions that were not ideal.

The cup cakes were fab too.  Thanks to all the bakers.

My left tricep is rather sore and I keep having the urge to shout out 'Water...Water'

881 to 900 of 930 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.