The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

Volunteers, please - the more, the merrier!

901 to 920 of 930 messages
iron fraggle    pirate
02/07/2012 at 16:30

'High 5"  'Gels' 'Bananas' .............

cougie    pirate
02/07/2012 at 17:06
Best feed station EVER !! Thank you so much for helping out.
High 5, water, ibuprofen and tablet. I didn't want to leave !
You're all fantastic. Thankyou !
Dustboy    pirate
02/07/2012 at 17:12

Many thanks to all feedstationers and supporters. Loved the upflat sign, I actually expected one!

02/07/2012 at 18:39

Thanks pirates from my relay bike man Steve wearing a harlequin jersey, he thought you were all very efficient, organised and pleased to get a cheer when he threw his bottle in the trolley.
Rock Steady Crew No.976

02/07/2012 at 22:35
I had NEVER been so pleased to see you lot in my life as I was yesterday!

But as I wasn't in kit I don't think I was recognised.

But it didn't matter - you gave everyone the same excellent support. Thank you so much.

I won't be racing long next year (ha ha) but will be on the list to marshal if we do the aid station again (I hope we do!).

Mitts x
03/07/2012 at 09:36

Thanks for the support folks. Much appreciated and kept me going when I was slogging into the wind at the top of the loop.

Iron Muffin    pirate
03/07/2012 at 09:41

Thank you to all the pirate supporters. The feedstation was without doubt tthe highlight of the bike course and many non pirates I spoke to reallly apprecaited the humour and energy.

The cheers and encouragement on the run lifted the soul when most needed. You really did give my shuffle a lift.

bburn plO.dder    pirate
03/07/2012 at 10:03

Massive thank you to all of you on the Feed Station. You were fab, and the feed station was Rockin , best support you could wish for.

Loved the not a knitting club sign, made me laugh out loud

And special thanks to Schmunkee for organising it all

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
03/07/2012 at 10:05

A massive massive thank you to Schmunkee and all the volunteers, I know how much work went into planning the feedstation and supplying the cyclists all day long.  Even though the spot wasnt ideal you all did a fantastic job.

It was great to see you all on the two laps id been looking forward to it all ride, thanks for being there for us.

03/07/2012 at 10:17

Morning.

I can only echo Barley's sentiments above.

The pirate feedstation was THE highlight of the bike, if not the whole race,

I can't thank you all enough for your support.

xxx

03/07/2012 at 10:26

I was looking forward to seeing the signs again! Forgot about the "Bike Sale" one, so chuckled all over again.

Thanks to all the Pirates, brilliant job as usual supporting everyone ... even us TriTalkers! 

03/07/2012 at 10:47

The pirate feedstation was the best feedstation by far, efficient, great support, lots of smiles and cheers and we got to visit it twice .... double bubble. Thanks to all involved.

03/07/2012 at 15:39
slowerthanilook wrote (see)

Still waiting for my two hoodies and 4 t-shirts. A little worried that the email from spreadshirt still refers to them having "Crashie's Squawky Mate" on the back, even though I asked for it to be removed. We'll see.... i'm sure my kids would love Crashie.... if they met him... her 

RIGHT!! Just picked up my Spreadshirt delivery so we're fully kitted-out and ready . When's Outlaw?

Oh..... and Crashie.... you have two additional Squawky Mates .

03/07/2012 at 16:14

Schmunkee - I don't care what anyone else says about you  you were absolutely bleedin' brilliant in your organisation of the feed station and volunteers - seriously though thanks and thanks again to everyone on the pirate station - what a difference it makes

and thanks all the volunteers too..........my fave sign was the "bike sale" one and I though I was going to fall off my bike I was laughing (somewhat hysterically it has to be said) so much at that point 

M...eldy    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:20

Pirates just keep on raising the standards for others to follow

Sooooperb effort from all the helpers and supporters, sherpas and cheerers

OARSUM  

Rafiki    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:34

I expect to see "Raf and Razors patented shopping trolley bottle cage" at all IM events from now on!

Big thanks to Schmunks - amazing weekend all round!!

seren nos    pirate
03/07/2012 at 16:58

rafiki..............If it was a bit bigger the cyclist might have got more bottle in it..............and i would have been hit less by the bottles missing..................unless they were all aiming at me

Running Postie    pirate
03/07/2012 at 17:20

oops I missed!

03/07/2012 at 17:22

Thanks to everyone on the feed station.  You were fantastic and still gave me massive cheers when I was one of the very last riders through.  Top effort!

Nicko. Hdau    pirate
03/07/2012 at 17:28

The tea and sarnie went down very well Mon X
{And i did catch all those I said I would again}

901 to 920 of 930 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.