The 2012 Pirate Kit Order Thread

The one stop shop for all your Pirate clothing

221 to 240 of 1,116 messages
04/06/2012 at 20:11
Minimum order for LG is 12, but I have se our minimum order at 16 to allow for some people to drop out.

Kit is not ordered as and when each item hits the minimum order level. I have decided to do a kit order once a year, maybe twice depending on levels

FF was right re my motives in asking newbies why they want kit. I know people lurk and want to have a feel for what the Pirates are about, but I donk think it's unrealistic to say why you are interested in kit if you only have a handful of posts to your name.

As for when you wear it, that's entirely up to you. You've paid for it and it's yours to wear whenever you like. Personally, I only wear mine when I am with the Pirates whether that be for training or racing, but that's my choice
Edited: 04/06/2012 at 20:15
04/06/2012 at 20:15
Apologies re double (or is it triple) spacing
M...eldy    pirate
04/06/2012 at 20:17

lots 

04/06/2012 at 21:08

you can put me down for:

Gilet x2

Cycle top x2

04/06/2012 at 21:23

I keep seeing posts after I make mine (thanks Razor)....I'll change my Gilet x2 to the Monaco x2

05/06/2012 at 09:08

Tri Shorts (last ordered June '11 @ £45)
bburn plodder
Cat5
Cpt.jack sparra
Gastank
Insomnia63
NV
R we there yet
Slagiatt
SluMdot
VT'd
Zoglug
Total : 12 (4 more needed)

Gilet
Bryant Luke x2
Cona
Dubai Dave
Insomnia63
IronM.andel
Prince Seigfried
RafikiD
R we there yet
SA x 2 (Mrs SA)
Schmunkee
TJ1004
VT'd
waving not drowning!
Zuppy
Total: 15 (1 more needed)

Girls Tank Top
Arctic Lady
BananaCustard
Muffin Top
Pain is Temporary
Shas79
ShuffleB
Sumoeddie
WIllRun4Wine
xxpuddingxx
Total: 9 (7 more needed)

Cycle Top (last ordered Sep '11 @ £47)
bburn plodder
Bobby Nobby
Horse
Insomnia63
MovingAlong
RafikiD
R we there yet
Razor
Silent Assassin x2
Slowplod
SteadyCJ
TJ1004 x 2
Undead
waving not drowning!
Ironnurse
Total: 16 (0 more needed)

Monaco (last ordered Sep '11 @ £45)
bburn plodder
Bryant Luke x2
Gastank
Horse
Insomnia63
Ironnurse
RafikiD
Razor
Total 9 (7 more needed)

Armwarmers (last ordered Sep '11 @ £21)

Cycle Jacket (last ordered Sep '11 @ £107)
Dubai Dave
Undead
Total: 2 (14 more needed)

TriSuit
SA
Total 1 (15 more needed)

Edited: 05/06/2012 at 09:24
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
05/06/2012 at 10:24

All, Just want to make it clear that anyone is welcome to order pirate kit, there is no vetting or acceptance process.

Id like to think that the pirates are open and inclusive, theyre not an official club, neither are there any rules. This works both ways, in such that if someone is asking for kit then I think its fair and a demonstration of our interest to ask them why what races theyre doing, maybe where theyre based etc. Its not a case that theyre being judged on this basis.

Also, sorting out the kit order can be an onerous process, collecting order confirmations and payments from dozens of people takes time. If someones asking for kit with their first post on the forum, I think its fair to ask them a little more about themselves. If that's their only communication with us how will we get in touch with them in a couple of months when the kit order is being organised.

As has been said about minimum orders, if we get to 16 and that comprises 6 people that have only posted once and arent contactable, change their mind etc then the order process gets postponed.

Everyone thats ever wanted/paid for pirate kit has had it collected.

05/06/2012 at 10:38

I have a Tri Suit, (£75) Tri Shorts (£45) and Tri Top (£45) going. I'll place it on PSOF later unless someone wants to PM me today.

Size XL, never worn, price includes P+P Payment by Paypal

PM me if interested

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/06/2012 at 10:46

I'm going to stick my head above the parapet (    ) and ask if I may order my very first bit of pirate kit?

I did the Kindrochit quadrathlon last year, am doing my first tri (oly) at the end of July, and IM next year (still to decide between IMUK or Outlaw).  It's all gastank's fault.  He made me do it.

I'd like a girl's tank top (if that's the one with the racer-back) please, whatever size equates with UK 8-10.

Let me know how to pay and what happens re delivery

Ta.

seren nos    pirate
05/06/2012 at 11:01

Hi nurse.....i cant advise on kit size as I am  of the chunkier nature......but I love your symbol......what does it stand for......

let us know which race you do next year and you might find other pirates doing it......and all newbies ordering kit and wanting kit...........try and get to the outlaw this year to support..its going to be the biggest pirate get together ever and you are bound to find at least one pirate who can talk sense........also check out the non training kit which can be ordered whenever to show support.......

part of the pirate spirit in my opinion is to have a laugh and not take yourself seriously.to support and help each other........so get stuck in an join in the banter...or at least come and shake those pompoms at a race...........

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/06/2012 at 11:05

Hi Seren

Unfortunately, I can't make Outlaw this year .  (Shhhhhhhh, don't tell gastank or he'll come looking for me).

The pirate attitude of not taking yourself seriously is right up my street, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all at some point.  Don't suppose anyone else will be doing Gullane Beach Tri?

ImRio    pirate
05/06/2012 at 11:14

Nurse Ratched for the tri kit - xs should be ok for you.

hope you enjoy becoming part of the Pirate madness

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/06/2012 at 11:20

Thanks Rio.

05/06/2012 at 11:24
seren nos wrote (see)

Hi nurse.....i cant advise on kit size as I am  of the chunkier nature......but I love your symbol......what does it stand for......

I think its the Triquetra, an ancient “Triple-Goddess”  of triangulate 

Edited: 05/06/2012 at 11:25
Hope    pirate
05/06/2012 at 11:35

Schmunkee, you do a brilliant job with the task of getting us all kitted out!
I don't think a little intro is too much of a bother, especially if it's someone who hasn't posted before.

Welcome Nurse Ratched.
And to any lurking newbies, don't be put off by dodgy dynamics between certain forumites. We are a very welcoming and encouraging group and you'll be guaranteed phenomenal support racing in the yellow and black.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/06/2012 at 11:45
Gazmanmeister wrote (see)
seren nos wrote (see)

I think its the Triquetra, an ancient “Triple-Goddess”  of triangulate 

Indeed it is.

Hi Hope 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/06/2012 at 12:26

WHAT?! 

Rafiki    pirate
05/06/2012 at 16:34

Nurse, have a quick look at this link for what LG think their sizing is?!?!?. Not sure about the lady's, but as Schmunk's says the boys stuff is certainly on the small size! According to this I should be a small, but a med fits perfectly!!

RafikiD wrote (see)

http://www.louisgarneau-custom.com/media/pdf/sizingchart/sizingchart_en.pdf

sorry - quoting something seems to be impossible these days.....

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/06/2012 at 16:40

Thanks, Raf, have just been looking at that very thing! Don't want to order a top then find it doesn't fit.

Sizing is a wierd thing - my Altura bike top is XXS, Nike running tops are S, but in Asics & Adidas I need a M. 

Edited: 05/06/2012 at 16:50
Rafiki    pirate
05/06/2012 at 16:43

Really, I'm surprised they fit someone who's 6'4" and 20 stone  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.