The 2012 Pirate Kit Order Thread

The one stop shop for all your Pirate clothing

781 to 800 of 1,116 messages
IronCat5    pirate
06/10/2012 at 21:08

The monaco doesn't take any prisoners. It is a "performance fit". I have a M mens monaco and it is tight. I *should* have a S monaco (weedy 36" chest).

I'm sure the jacket is a relaxed fit. My M jersey is baggy, and my L jacket is huge. Each item has a certain fit - you can find the fit type on the item's page.

Blisters    pirate
06/10/2012 at 22:08

Thanks Cat5, I was trying to work sizes out too. 38" chest, and I'd calculated that S meant Medium for the Monaco.

Brit, don't be embarrassed about your chest. Be proud. Have you seen how embarrassed us blokes are who profess to weedy chests? We're trying to compare ourselves with triangular swimmers.

Oh

By an unusual quirk, in an administrative error the HMRC appear to have taken too little this month, so I'm cash positive Now thinking of cycling jackets.

06/10/2012 at 22:30
Can I remind peeps that we order men's sizes, not girly wirly
07/10/2012 at 10:03

erm, as I am a size 14 I am thinking I should order a large then? although I am hoping to lose weight, but even then it probably isn't going to be baggy unless I lose a ridiculous amount?

IronCat5    pirate
07/10/2012 at 10:19

What Blisters said.

Remeber us men don't really know what dress sizes mean in real numbers. You may have to explain. Pictures are worth a thousand words remember .

TBH my monaco is tight around the gut rather than the chest.

07/10/2012 at 19:06
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. I work in the Middle East and there are no Tri clubs near me so I was wondering if I could race as a Pirate? I know the Pirates focus on Ironman distance however I'm hoping to do a 70.3 next year and an Ironman eventually.
M...eldy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 19:08

You wont be the first pirate in the middle east  

welcome aboard!!

Matchschick ... go for a medium

07/10/2012 at 19:16

thanks meldy, if they are too small I will just have to lose more weight! will be a good incentive

M...eldy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 19:18

I think I mentioned before somewhere ... if anything its the length in the body that comes up a bit short so I would always opt for the bigger size, that and the arm holes are quite 'baggy' !!

Britrisky    pirate
07/10/2012 at 21:10
Reckon I'm gonna go for a large Monaco and medium jersey and jacket, since these both have a more relaxed fit. Like you, MC I am hoping to get smaller but so many folk are saying how tight the Monaco fit is and up til now I've only ever worn baggy running vests so perhaps a bit more room might make me feel a little less exposed ...

What do any of the ladies with kit already think of this strategy?
07/10/2012 at 21:44
Since I'm a size 10 , 32 chest and 30 waist do I go for a small Monaco or do I ignore the measurements and go up a size to a medium? ??45 ish is a lot to spend and have it not fit.
07/10/2012 at 22:38
If in doubt go bigger. You'll be screwed if it turns up and it's too small. Surely that's basic logic, isn't it?
08/10/2012 at 05:09
Hi, if its not too late can I place an order for -
1 x Monaco (XL)
1x Cycle top (L)
1 x Tri Short (L)
1 x Cycle Jacket (L)
If you let me know how/who to pay I can do it straight away.
JvR
08/10/2012 at 07:21

Does anyone know how the LG sizes compare to the sizes for the Carvalho tri stuff from a few years ago?

08/10/2012 at 17:06

oh, I don't know whether to do the same as brit now

I am going to go to evans when I get a chance as they have LG stuff in there, so I can try some on and see how it is. With a tri top, you don't want it baggy as in the water it will really slow you down, in a pool that is, under a wetsuit wouldn't matter

M...eldy    pirate
08/10/2012 at 17:07

I would say quite poss Carvalho is a bit smaller than LG ... but not by much

Go a size bigger than you would usually is my advice 

08/10/2012 at 17:21

I am thinking medium all the way, I know from meeting IronCat what size he is, so can compare and my monaco is a snug medium but large would flap around too much and small would rip as I put it on. Mathschhick I am size12/14 if that helps.

08/10/2012 at 17:24

steady, thanks - that does help. I am not quite down to a size 12, but should be after I lose a bit more flab. I am a bit large busted - does that make a lot of difference? Mind you, they will get smaller too as I lose a bit more weight

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
08/10/2012 at 17:27

Ive just checked the responsibilities of my role as "Junior Subordinate, YTS tea-boy, Stand In Dogsbody to the Kit Commander In Chief" and I can confirm it includes Womens Kit Measurer*

*whips out tape measure*

Please note as im keen to impress the Kit Commander In Chief my initiative extends to offering a web cam estimation service.

08/10/2012 at 17:30
Barley - please report to my office.

NOW!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.