The 2012 Pirate Kit Order Thread

The one stop shop for all your Pirate clothing

161 to 180 of 1,116 messages
25/04/2012 at 13:32

Well, first of all you need to tell us a little bit about yourself and your tri aspirations

Then you need to tell us how you came across the Pirates and why you want to join

Then you need to consider coming along to this to meet everyone

And finally, you need to cross my palms with Thorntons before you get any kit

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
25/04/2012 at 15:36
I do find it a bit funny about the recent people who's fist post is:

'can I have some kit please'.

Perhaps a bit of an introduction would be nice, hi im xxx and ive been admiring Schmunkee from afar since xx/xx/xxxx.

Its not that we're the Masons or exclusive but it wouldnt perhaps hurt to make more of an effort to say hello.  Surely if you want to be part of the pirates you want us to know who you are, get to know us?
25/04/2012 at 15:39
*stuffs pockets full of viennese truffles and legs it*
25/04/2012 at 16:01

In my eagerness to belong .....I can see I have been rude !.....my apologies.

My first triathlon - sprint - will be at Blenheim this year.........two friends roped me in at last New Years Eve..........actually - it was my wife - who kept nagging me to join them - so for an easy life I said yes !!...I know she has my best interests at heart !

I am not looking forward to the swim but won't let that stop me. I heard of the Pirates through word of mouth and via a book.........I was never considered to be the outstanding sportsman at school so I can't go in to something with too serious expectations - hence my attraction to a group of people who can have a laugh !!

I want to finish Blenheim then do a triathlon local to where I live (Faringdon).......until I have completed something/few things - I wasn't after any kit.....I'd like to think that I had earned it.......but if I can get it with a box of thorntons then I'll take that option if necessary.

Just turned 43 last week - have two boys, lovely wife - thats whats key to me ! I am also at the age where I am thinking about a "Tat"...................so wouldn't mind achieving something stretching and then etching it on to my well honed body !!  

Can't get on to the "this" link ?

25/04/2012 at 16:26
Hiya Richard, nice to hear youre doing your first tri, youll get used to resistance being futile, it wont be long before someone tells you that you should do an Ironman.

At least if the wife is partly to blame she'll have no excuse to moan if you decide you want a go-faster bike or something.

Hang around and post on some of the threads, someone will likely be able to answer any questions you may have.

I'll leave it to Schmunkee to negotiate her Thorntons fee
M...eldy    pirate
25/04/2012 at 17:24
another lamb to the slaughter ... Holgs has a lot to answer for  
Rafiki    pirate
25/04/2012 at 18:19

Perhaps Holgs has shares in Thornton's, hence his Pirate recruitment manual .......all makes sense now???

Hi Schmunks

25/04/2012 at 18:39

Hi Raf

Richard - I'll deal with you later!  I have a date with a fizzy therapist so TTFN

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
25/04/2012 at 19:45
Does the fizzy therapist have to supply thornton's too I wonder? A dash of pain and some thornton's on the side... Pleasure and pain at the same time

Richard the link should work but it's for the MANDATORY initiation event - if it still doesn't work let us know and we'll try get it to you again

ALSO you need to change your forum name

Initial thoughts

Whowearsthetrousers
Underthethumb
Someonesbeatch
01/05/2012 at 09:37

Yes - agree - need to change profile name and pic.

Just digestioning some of the helpful suggestions and will initiate

This will sound poor I know - but 1st July - I am out of the country on hols....would like to look at what the link connects to but it doesn't work (might be due to security set up on my work pc)......any detail would help ?

Is there anything else I could consider ?

Many Thanks

01/05/2012 at 20:49
Ok if you're out of the country then you can't help man the PIrate feed station at the annual PSOF 2012 Championships on the 1st July

Schmunks will decide your fate.... I reckon it will involve Thorntons and possibly volunteering for something else
02/05/2012 at 08:04

I can't say whether you read it or not, but I can confirm there are a few swim caps left

seren nos    pirate
04/05/2012 at 07:40

sorry read through the last few pages and can't find a list........can someone please tell me if there is a pirate water bottle order going in sometime this year...thanks xxx

welcome to the newbies.......

all my kit seems to be shrinking......must be all the mileage.not all the cakes .....

04/05/2012 at 08:18
Razor51    pirate
07/05/2012 at 14:27
Gastank. I've got a M Monaco for sale, I bought it off MovingAlong a few weeks ago and found out like him it's too small so I need a large, I am a 40 chest. PM me if you are interested.
Razor51    pirate
07/05/2012 at 14:29
So if anyone has got a Large Monaco spare I need one for outlaw.
07/05/2012 at 22:43
Razor not going to work I think from you guys I now know I'm going to need bigger... But thanks for letting me know - have u tried RafikiD yet? Not sure if he's sorted yet and he would be a medium I reckon
bburn plO.dder    pirate
08/05/2012 at 09:03

Razor, I might be interested in the M Monaco for Outlaw, as I have no pirate kit at all.

Clearly you have no idea if it would fit me as you've never met me !!!! But are they boy/girl specific sizing, I'm usually a M "girlie size", but often size up to a L in sports gear, as they always seem to make things on the snug side.

Razor51    pirate
08/05/2012 at 09:20
Bb.... I think LG size the M Monaco at 36-38 in chest, I am around a 38-40in I could get it on over my head to to get it off I had to take my arms out and step out of it.
Rafiki    pirate
08/05/2012 at 13:50
RafikiD wrote (see)

Gastank - have a look:

<a href="http://www.louisgarneau-custom.com/media/pdf/sizingchart/sizingchart_en.pdf" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.louisgarneau-custom.com/media/pdf/sizingchart/sizingchart_en.pdf</a>

Sizing chart for LG stuff on above link. According to this I should be a small, but I biught a Medium monaco and it fits perfecty. Canadian inches must be smaller?!?!

161 to 180 of 1,116 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.