The 2013 Pirate Kit Order Thread (Take 2)

The one-stop-shop for all your racing kit

321 to 340 of 903 messages
Running Postie    pirate
13/07/2013 at 21:32
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

i wont be at woodhall this year - not competing anyway, but i also have never been mistaken for a lady, not in the day time anyway, and never on a sunday

Does that mean I'm a lady? 

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
13/07/2013 at 21:38
Pop-Up Schmunks - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Tri Shorts (last ordered Nov '12 @ £33)

Gilet (last ordered Nov '12 @ £65) Seren

Girls Tank Top
bburn plodder
JvR
Iron Muffin
Schmunkee
Total: 4 (12 more needed)

Cycle Top (last ordered Nov '12 @ £45)

Monaco (last ordered Nov '12 @ £42)

Arm Warmers (last ordered Sep '11 @ £21)
7755Matt
Flat Footed
Mouse
Nurse Ratched

Cycle Jacket (last ordered Nov '12 @ £95)

Leg Warmers (never been ordered before)
7755Matt
Seren

Baseball Cap (never been ordered before)
BriTriSky
Hope x2

Ridgebackmax wrote (see)

Smunkee how much is a gillet? Can't be arsed to trawl though the pages looking for the prices if it's around the £50 to 60 mark could you please put me down for a medium thanks

See above

13/07/2013 at 22:55

Barlos cheers bud see above above

Britrisky    pirate
17/07/2013 at 20:11

Tri Shorts (last ordered Nov '12 @ £33)

Gilet (last ordered Nov '12 @ £65) 
Ridgebackmax
Seren

Girls Tank Top 
bburn plodder
Britrisky 
JvR
Iron Muffin
Schmunkee 
Total: 5 (11 more needed)

Cycle Top (last ordered Nov '12 @ £45)

Monaco (last ordered Nov '12 @ £42)

Arm Warmers (last ordered Sep '11 @ £21) 
7755Matt 
Flat Footed 
Mouse 
Nurse Ratched

Cycle Jacket (last ordered Nov '12 @ £95)

Leg Warmers (never been ordered before)
7755Matt
Seren

Baseball Cap (never been ordered before) 
Hope x2

17/07/2013 at 20:26

That list is well out of date.

Think Schmunks is going to pitch a fit when she sees it.

17/07/2013 at 21:31

FFS!  Who the hell dragged that list up!

Oh, it was Barlos.  Should have fecking known

This just about sums it up for me!  People can't be arsed to go back to the first page where it is pretty safe to assume most information would be.  Then someone else cuts and pastes a list from the start of the thread instead of just answering the question that the first person couldn't be arsed to find for themselves

And then a third person copies that list and runs with it which could lead to all sorts of problems

It really is simple folks.....

1st post (or three) contains answers to the most basic of questions.  If you are not capable of finding that info for yourself, it's no wonder I get so much fecking strife when trying to get payments, addresses, and sizes from you

M...eldy    pirate
17/07/2013 at 21:35

Do I detect someone is less than happy??   

17/07/2013 at 21:36

That post was aimed at no-one in particular, but I am done with wiping the noses of people who can't be bothered to go to the start of a thread and expect others to do the running for them.

I am also fed up with people texting me, PM'ing me here, and on my personal FB page re kit. I do this voluntarily and there are times when I want to pretend this thread does not exist.  I don't feel there is anything so urgent regarding kit that it needs for me to be contacted away from this thread.

I make no apologies for ignoring recent contact that has been made to me via these methods

Pleasethankyewverymuch

17/07/2013 at 21:40

Oh, believe me, Meldy, I could go on and on and on and on and on

M...eldy    pirate
17/07/2013 at 21:42

You usually do dear ...

17/07/2013 at 21:44
Flat Foo..ted wrote (see)

That list is well out of date.

Think Schmunks is going to pitch a fit when she sees it.

Told you

M...eldy    pirate
17/07/2013 at 21:49

No amount of ranting will change human nature

There are those who will ask and there are those who will answer ..

17/07/2013 at 21:51

You should send that into Readers Digest, you might win the £5 book voucher.

17/07/2013 at 21:55

Yeah, I know, and I also know that my posts up there ^^ will get lost in the annals of time but I have said it and it's out there now

I don't mind those who answer as long as they answer correctly and not cause confusion a la Bar-fecking-los

M...eldy    pirate
17/07/2013 at 21:57

Then its poss Barlos you need to be ranting at and not the general public  

17/07/2013 at 22:01

Not necessarily as this is not the first time people have had to be pointed to the start of the thread. And Barlos may be the culprit in this instance, but others have previously answered questions incorrectly too.

But rest assured, Barlos will be left in no doubt as to the error of his ways  Does anyone know if it's possible to type with broken fingers

M...eldy    pirate
17/07/2013 at 22:03

My point is, you cannot expect every new person to know how this all works, people will always ask questions
Organising the kit is and always has been a thankless task, along with that will be the complimentary hassle that is those that ask questions 

17/07/2013 at 22:12

And my point is, surely it is common sense to read at least the first page.

To say 'I can't be arsed to trawl back' implies laziness.  And it wasn't from a newbie

I guess I just expect people to at least to try and help themselves instead of relying on others to spoon-feed them, which could then lead to confusion when people try to help with the best of intentions

But I have said what I wanted to say

Edited: 17/07/2013 at 22:14
Britrisky    pirate
17/07/2013 at 22:33

Slinks back under the stone from which I emerged ... would chocolate work at this point?

errr ... dare I 

ask to be added to the girls tank list ...? if I promise never to tinker with a kit list ever again ...?  

18/07/2013 at 09:36

Bounce for IronWorm

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.