The 2013 Pirate Kit Order Thread (Take 2)

The one-stop-shop for all your racing kit

161 to 180 of 903 messages
Rafiki    pirate
13/04/2013 at 17:54

I put mine throught the wash at 30 with normal washing powder - comes up a treat

13/04/2013 at 18:20
I think I washed mine with that Nikiwash at 30 and put the nikiwax in place of conditioner. Came up fairly clean, but still shower proof!
Britrisky    pirate
13/04/2013 at 18:27
I ended up putting on more Vanish then washing again - result!

For future reference, Raf - has your jacket stayed showerproof washing it with ordinary powder?
Rafiki    pirate
13/04/2013 at 18:30

yeh. its still showerproof, its not fully waterproof, but never has been. I might try the Nikwax option.... or just cycle on nice sunny days!"!

Britrisky    pirate
13/04/2013 at 19:16
I love my jacket - even more now its come up nice and clean. Can't believe it's raining now cos doubtless I'll get it all dirty again tomorrow!

So glad I took the plunge - I wouldn't normally spend that kind of money on stuff, but, well, I really think it was worth every penny
17/04/2013 at 20:44

Schmunkee - Can you put me down for a girl's tank and racer cap. 

And hello everyone. *waves* I'm an iron newbee - aiming for Henley or IM Wales in 2014. Based in London and training hard *cough* (I'm actually coughing - enforced rest day with a cold has led me to spending too much time on the forum!) 

I will be at Challenge Henley this year watching and cheering wildly! 

Edited: 17/04/2013 at 20:47
17/04/2013 at 20:48

Oh and thanks for organising! I've organised a couple of similar things in the past and I don't think anyone can imagine what a headache it must be!

17/04/2013 at 20:53

MedicGirl - do you mean a baseball cap or a racer cap.

This thread is for baseball caps, but this thread is for Headsweat racer caps.

If you want racer caps, please can you pop into the other thread and let me know there, but best be quick as there are only 4 racer caps and 2 visors 'in stock'

17/04/2013 at 22:08

would i be correct in saying the idea is to wear the tri shorts with the monaco, only asking as there does not seem to be much uptake on the tri suits

17/04/2013 at 22:28
Ozzy - yes, Monaco and shorts combo, but I know where there is a brand new medium Tri suit for sale if you're interested. I did mail you about it but you never replied
18/04/2013 at 18:41
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

MedicGirl - do you mean a baseball cap or a racer cap.

This thread is for baseball caps, but this thread is for Headsweat racer caps.

If you want racer caps, please can you pop into the other thread and let me know there, but best be quick as there are only 4 racer caps and 2 visors 'in stock'

Thanks! Just spotted that thread and realised my error. Can you take me off the baseball cap and I'll go on the racer cap thread now Gotta keep my head cool on the hot summer sun! (I hope?!)

18/04/2013 at 18:52

Schmunks

Sorry for the lack of reply.  Could i put myself down for a monaco and tri shorts please.  looking forward to my first bit of pirate kit in the visor and hat. hope the p&p isn't too stressful!

18/04/2013 at 18:54
Ozzy287 wrote (see)

Schmunks

Sorry for the lack of reply.  Could i put myself down for a monaco and tri shorts please.  looking forward to my first bit of pirate kit in the visor and hat. hope the p&p isn't too stressful!

Eh? P&P is included in the price you paid for the visor and cap.  Or have i misunderstood?

18/04/2013 at 19:30

I meant too stressful for you! 

25/04/2013 at 15:08

Hi Schmunkee ..

Am I correct in assuming that all the kit (apart from the girls tank) are mens sizes ?  Or do we do a male and female kit order?

Thanks

25/04/2013 at 17:30
You are correct in your assumption

However there is nothing to stop us ordering female fit, but we would have to reach minimum numbers independently of the men's fit and would have to pay artwork set-up costs .

We looked into female fit cycle tops a couple of years ago and I believe it added ??10-??15 to each top and therefore the consensus was that the fit wasn't so bad as to justify the difference in price
Dark Vader    pirate
27/04/2013 at 09:38

Anyone looking for a female top (I think it is a size M) and shorts also size M..?  Mrs DV did three tri sprints in them, so they are hardly worn and still in perfect condition.   The label has been cut out of the top as she said it was scratchy on her neck..  I think it must be an M, as I doubt she would have ordered a S. 

PM me with an offer and they can be yours next week.

28/04/2013 at 18:44

Dark Vader you may have made my day!

My somewhat fashionable friends are having a meltdown at the idea of me racing in a bright blue tri suit with a pirate headsweat. Apparently I need to be matching. 

PM'd you x

10/05/2013 at 10:50
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
You are correct in your assumption

However there is nothing to stop us ordering female fit, but we would have to reach minimum numbers independently of the men's fit and would have to pay artwork set-up costs .

We looked into female fit cycle tops a couple of years ago and I believe it added ??10-??15 to each top and therefore the consensus was that the fit wasn't so bad as to justify the difference in price

Thanks Schmunkee .. that's cool.  Just wanted to make sure that my size was correct

10/05/2013 at 11:19

Hi Schmunkee

Do you have any ladies kit/sized kit available? If not do you know when you are likely to be putting in another order? 

161 to 180 of 903 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.