The Avenger - half iron Warwickshire 23.6.13

Apparently it's eagerly anticipated - Anyone heard of it

21 to 26 of 26 messages
Crash Hamster    pirate
24/06/2013 at 15:52

Maybe the organisers had the agreement of Ragley's owner to have access to the lake at any time? In which case, it wouldn't have been the tri club's place to stop them...

Can't see it being a make or break thing for the OW swimming (he said hopefully)

24/06/2013 at 16:55

Who's this fine specimin my wife snapped? 

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/693281/gallery/crop_1.jpg?width=350

Edited: 24/06/2013 at 16:57
Crash Hamster    pirate
24/06/2013 at 17:54

That's ATOM.

25/06/2013 at 18:06

Saw this on the EVT website

"Open water sessions at Ragley Hall have been cancelled until further notice  Sorry for this disappointing news Sara"

Hope they get it sorted soon, its a great spot

27/06/2013 at 11:28

Hi All, 

Joanna from Raceways/The Avenger here. 

Just to confirm that the cancellations of open water swimming sessions at Ragley Hall is not due to the actions of any members of the Raceways team. The swim sessions have been cancelled due to issues between Aztec (water/swim support) and Evesham Vale Triathletes. 

Hope you all enjoyed the race and will be back again next year 

Crash Hamster    pirate
27/06/2013 at 16:31

Apropos of nothing, the idea of needing lifeguards at an OW swim session where you can mostly stand up is pretty comical...and it's not easy to sink in a wetsuit.

I'd quite happily swim anywhere as long as I had a buddy to keep an eye.

Shame there's been a fall-out; hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Triathlon is going the way that all sports go as they mature; down the road of excessive regulation. It's a crying shame.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.