The Beaver

and a little Beaver in the morning

10 messages
GOM.    pirate
20/12/2009 at 17:35

Am thinking of doing this as well as Bala,

http://www.justracinguk.com/event/clone-beaver-triathlon-middle-distance

Anyone else done this one before? Or anyone else up for it?

Plum    pirate
20/12/2009 at 19:42

just outside Nottingham Puss.......

I have done the Little Beaver, I know a few have done the Middle

K9
20/12/2009 at 19:57

I've entered

I have a friend who lives close by...

Cona    pirate
20/12/2009 at 21:15
I'm going to do the middle distance one. I also want one of the t-shirts you get that say 'i beat the beaver'!!!!!
Hope    pirate
21/12/2009 at 06:04
 Why not!
23/12/2009 at 10:32

Mr + Mrs Oxy did it in 2007, I did it in 08 (along with Little Miss Happy).  The swim is seriously murky (no viz at all going round the buoys) and its in a fishing lake.  Loong run across a field to get to T1, bike course has a couple of cheeky upflats, but I do note that they are changing the course for next year.  The run is all in the grounds of he castle so minimal traffic to worry about, its a sort of cloverleaf shape, the rise up to the castle will have you puffing a bit, that aside its scenic and fairly well shaded if it happens to be warm. 

They offered the option of camping in the grounds, but the only facility is a cold water tap (and the portaloos in transition) so only really an option for the hardcore.

29/12/2009 at 15:07

In Canada we have talking beavers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekLEG8xsOs

31/12/2009 at 11:31
Shiraz and I did both Beaver and Bala this year - the Beaver was actually harder and slower than Bala - the wind didn't help, the bike's a bit longer, and the run from swim to T1 is quite long with quite sharp straw!

FamilyLindi invited all the pirates to stay in 2010!
Plum    pirate
31/12/2009 at 14:40

Oh goody

24/03/2010 at 16:42

I've just entered this

Any more tips on the course etc, bearing in mind I have th Vit to compare it to.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.