The Double - I'm out

your advice needed

21 to 40 of 54 messages
Doner Kebab    pirate
17/01/2013 at 18:38

thats a shame purple, but needs must. if you fancied doing a half in september - remember the vitruvian normally has places later on on the year.

So what others are doing the single or half enduro ? hope im not the only pirate in the village 

17/01/2013 at 19:55

Sorry you've been poorly and had to change your plans. 

It must be fate intervening, though, because IM Wales would be perfect for you! The sea swim is a little bit scary, and the bike course is tough, but it's such a great event !

17/01/2013 at 20:06

Sorry to hear your news Purple. I was looking forward to supporting you accross the finish line. 

Doner - I'll still be there for the half and the whole weekend for supporting duties. 

seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 20:10

I'm doing IMW Purple.....and Dioner.I will still be at enduroman for the half

Hope    pirate
17/01/2013 at 20:48

Sorry to hear that Purple. Don't rush back, as others have said it's sounding like your body is asking for a rest.

Hope you find a race to focus on soon. 

Get well soon xx 

purpletrilady    pirate
17/01/2013 at 20:51

Thanks all.

Maybe IMwales is the challenge I need........

I shall take a few days to ponder

17/01/2013 at 22:50

Come to Henley!! 

17/01/2013 at 22:51
M...eldy wrote (see)

My base is already quite large thanks to winter  

No dear, it's large because of cake! 

17/01/2013 at 22:59

I love being brave!! 

M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 23:21
Gladys M.ince pies wrote (see)
M...eldy wrote (see)

My base is already quite large thanks to winter  

No dear, it's large because of cake! 

Gladys M.ince pies wrote (see)

I love being brave!! 

I like you being dead  

Edited: 17/01/2013 at 23:22
purpletrilady    pirate
18/01/2013 at 00:12

you are a brave man Gladys....

for some reason Henley doesn't appeal,  I guess it's because everyone raves about INWales and you don' t tend to hear the same about Henley.

18/01/2013 at 05:53

Same here Henley for some reason just dissent appeal BUT you would love IM Wales Purple one It's tough as old boots and the support for a UK race is amazing

I still think an easier year is the answer no IM for me this year 

Ironholgs    pirate
18/01/2013 at 09:06

Hope you feel better soon Purple, take good care of yourself.

A year off wouldn't do you any harm, do shorter stuff, get stronger, quicker and then target whatever you want in 2014.

As for a September race there is always the Horseman on Dartmoor if you don't fancy a foreign trip to Wales.

purpletrilady    pirate
18/01/2013 at 11:08

I genuinely don't feel like I need a year off. I had three months off after my operation and that gave my body a complete rest. In the last part of the year I felt more fit and healthy than I had done for many a year.

I also really need some focus, if I haven't got a goal I quickly lose enthusiasm for training. Training for a September IM will be a significant reduction in my training, especially over the next two/three months.

I really appreciate the advice and its stopped my doing an early IM and also made me realise trying to do an Ultra would also be a bit silly.

So I am thinking that IMWales is my next target.

18/01/2013 at 11:20

Good Girl!

Lee the Pea    pirate
18/01/2013 at 11:29

Oh boo to illness   Good move on the double though; no sense starting it if you're not even sure you can finish, or worse, killing your body and picking up all sorts of crap.  Good luck with IM Wales then!! 

Ridgebackmax wrote (see)

Same here Henley for some reason just dissent appeal BUT you would love IM Wales Purple one It's tough as old boots and the support for a UK race is amazing

I still think an easier year is the answer no IM for me this year 

HA!!!!!  How many times have you said that RBM?  I wish i'd been running a book....i'd be minted by now

The Silent Assassin    pirate
18/01/2013 at 11:34

not wishing to put any pressure on, but I absolutely loved IM Wales

Hope    pirate
18/01/2013 at 11:41

Purple IMWales is an awesome race.  My favourite by a LONG way 

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 12:22

Purple.that will give you a good base if you want to go to the double next year.......are you going to swap to the enduroman half

18/01/2013 at 16:04

Purple its a dead cert no I'M this year however I will be doingdoing as a minimumminimum Bala Middle, The Wall Ultra run, The Wenslydale Cheeseman and the Plymouth Breakwater swim so still a nice year 

21 to 40 of 54 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.