To shave, or not to shave

One for the men and perhaps some ladies

21 to 38 of 38 messages
cougie    pirate
01/03/2013 at 11:38
I used to do it when I was just a cyclist. Everyone did.

Not bothered for triathlon - apart from IMDE a few years back when it was hot. No wetsuits - so I got the benefit of the swim, and cooler legs for the bike and run.

In Nottingham you'd probably be glad of a bit extra warmth.
01/03/2013 at 11:40

I shave my bits and pieces every day ....... one false move and no more kids for me!

01/03/2013 at 12:22
DF that must be some rapid hair growth going on down there!
01/03/2013 at 12:41

If you are tempted to try it don't use a razor straight off - as someone else said hair clippers or veet - you can use a razor on it after but if you try and chop 40 years of leg hair off with one you'll end up looking like you self harm - I'm sure there are serial killers who get less blood on their bathroom than I did.   

01/03/2013 at 15:50

I would think the theory of `marginal gains` applies here. If you do all the little things which will/can improve performance, even if the gain is very small, they all add up to a few percent improvement. I shaved my legs for my one and only (so far) tri (Oly).  Did it make a difference, don`t know, but shaving them was a statement of intent to race fast.

01/03/2013 at 16:00

and not shaving is sticking 2 fingers up to those who do when the hirsute win...

01/03/2013 at 16:51

Thanks, but I'm going to give it a miss, although I'm curious to know what an epilator is Nurse!

I'm gald I asked the question, I feel my life is a little better from crying with laughter at the Veet for Men reviews. Thanks for that Richardsdrr

Britrisky    pirate
01/03/2013 at 19:14
Stanners from the Bridge wrote (see)

Thanks, but I'm going to give it a miss, although I'm curious to know what an epilator is Nurse!

Trust me, epilators are only for the likes of humans daft enough to push babies through very small orifices ... and yes, I do have one, but it is not enjoyable, and would definitely not be worth the % gain, in my opinion. (it does a great job on my legs, though - once the mental toughness kicks in )

Nurse Ratched    pirate
01/03/2013 at 19:21
Britrisky wrote (see)

Trust me, epilators are only for the likes of humans daft enough to push babies through very small orifices ... and yes, I do have one, but it is not enjoyable, and would definitely not be worth the % gain, in my opinion. (it does a great job on my legs, though - once the mental toughness kicks in )

A baby, a very small orifice, or an epilator?

Britrisky    pirate
01/03/2013 at 19:50

baby? God no - adopted two ready mades 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
01/03/2013 at 19:53

Pain-free hair removal.  Trust me, I'm a nurse.

iron fraggle    pirate
01/03/2013 at 19:56

Pain free - bad nursey

M...eldy    pirate
01/03/2013 at 19:58
Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

Stanners, I have electric camping at Outlaw, so I'm happy to bring my epilator for you to try ... 

Oh what a treat!!!  They'll love it 

iron fraggle    pirate
01/03/2013 at 19:59

and can we all watch ?

Nurse Ratched    pirate
01/03/2013 at 20:42

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/497331/gallery/images-29.jpeg?width=350

Course y'can

Rafiki    pirate
02/03/2013 at 20:39

I was going to bring my skirt to the Outlaw, but I'm having second thoughts now.......

*goes off to buy some razors just in case*

Nurse Ratched    pirate
03/03/2013 at 08:46

You're safe Raf.  Kilts need hairy legs

IronCat5    pirate
03/03/2013 at 19:23
seren nos wrote (see)

Who did it last year...wasn't it Cat........it made him look like he had girlie legs........His legs were shaped much better than mine

I for one thought he looked sexier pre shaving and silly with shaved legs...but I'm sure some thought it looked good....

I take it that speed has nothing to do with it and its all to complete the look of elite athlete in pirate kit 

I thought my legs looked damn hot. Unfortunately in a girly smooth kinda way.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 38 of 38 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.