Toes freezing on the bike

How do I keep them warm?

21 to 24 of 24 messages
01/03/2013 at 22:11

My hands don't get cold at all, it's just my feet.

02/03/2013 at 07:36

Don't laugh at the bigger bike shoes... commuter colleagues do that!

Doesn't matter if it's summer or winter for me - think my feet get cold 'cos their 'still' (oh yikes have I said something wrong... do proper cyclists move their feet?). Oh what a beautiful morning! Hope you're all heading out now.

I'm going to the (newish) Tri 'outlet' shop, who knows there might be a whole 60p off some nice things.

02/03/2013 at 07:38

Yes I really did write 'their' instead of 'they're' (I'll suffer for that). Was still thinking of the 'human element'... colleagues.

JvR
02/03/2013 at 12:59

Much better today. Toes felt slightly numb but not as cold as they have been. One pair of cycling socks, one pair of the Hobbit's ski socks and neoprene overshoes. 

Think the numbness might have been due to the thickness of the socks in the shoes, so will try several pairs of thinner socks next time.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.