Total Immersion

What to expect

21 to 28 of 28 messages
18/02/2013 at 21:51

Nothing musical about me lol. No sense of rhythm at all. The 2 beat kick is when you kick with the opposite leg to arm entry.  

Trouble with a "timetable" as such is that someone might take longer to work through some drills than others. Its not just balance either, but timing and muscle memory. I'm  sure TI is not the only way of swimming and it will suit some more than others and I'm wary of getting evangelical about it.  I just enjoy it. 

Dustboy    pirate
18/02/2013 at 23:10

Blimey Soup, you're talking all posh. I'm lost

19/02/2013 at 08:16

You lost for words Dusty? Thats a first.  Can't wait for ow season. 

19/02/2013 at 09:07

I agree Soupy. It was less of a timetable and more of a 'what will I learn and where will it take me'. 

Its too soon for me to know whether Total Immersion is for me or not. What I do know is that Tanya is great teacher and even if its not for me, I will leave as a better swimmer fot it. 

I guess you must be local to me Soupy? Are you going to the Triathlon show in Esher on March 1st? The total Immersion guys have a stand there apparently. Theyve reccomended I go and try as many different energy gels as possible!

19/02/2013 at 09:15

I'm planning to go Mat yes, And on fb there was mention of Terry Laughlin being there at the stand too. I think Tracy is in the States with Terry at the moment. 

I'm in West London - where are you? 

19/02/2013 at 09:31

I didnt know Terry would be there. That'll be interesting. Do TI have a facebook page?

Im in Farnham Common, near Gerrards cross. Just moved out of London a couple of weeks ago. 

Im looking forward to the show. Especially as Friday is free!

19/02/2013 at 09:40

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SwimSolutionS/266488843377220

I know Farnham Common - go to Apex sports sometimes and bike round Burnham Beeches.

20/02/2013 at 09:40

Thanks for the link Soupy. 

Ive only just moved there. So Im getting to know the area. Ive heard burnham beeches is a good place to bike. Ive only walked the dog there so far!

Perhaps I might see you next Friday at the show then! Not sure what time Im going yet, but Ill post when I know. Must remember not to take my credit card. Too many shiny things!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.