Toughest Amateur Event in the World?: UK June 1-10!

???

21 to 40 of 50 messages
cougie    pirate
31/05/2012 at 07:32
Good luck guys and Monique.

I saw you TC at London - I was telling the pirates about this nutter in denim shorts and they pointed out it was you. Unique dress style !
Dubai Dave    pirate
31/05/2012 at 08:08

Followed it last year on tripe talk which rather impinged on my work output, Big Ted is my hero. Will be watching from afar once again, but as mad as a box of frogs doesn't do you guys justice.

31/05/2012 at 09:15

TC - a tip - when you get in the water, swim in the correct direction please and not like you did at Henley last year when a) you arrived late for the start and b) started swimming downriver and not up where everyone else was headed.......

actually - no - in hindsight do as you did 'cos it was so fecking funny to watch.....

good luck guys - hope to get across on either Mon or Tue to give some abuse....

MTri    pirate
31/05/2012 at 09:58

Good luck everyone, I can't imagine the physical and mental torment a deca or quin, but will be following with interest.

31/05/2012 at 10:04

There is an institution out there missing its mentalists.  I'll be sending the white van to Avon Tyrrell Outdoor Centre.  If you're lucky, some may have blue flashing lights on the top.

On a serious note - Good luck to you TC, Monique and all other participants.

Edited: 31/05/2012 at 10:06
31/05/2012 at 19:28

Good luck to evryone who's competing in the various events at AT over the next 10 days - I'll be watching the news feeds/reports with interest/amazement. Hope the weather turns out to be a bit more "moderate" than last year...

IronCat5    pirate
31/05/2012 at 19:38

Good luck.

TC - was that you on the softride at the Chiltern Hundred?

Razor51    pirate
31/05/2012 at 21:45

Good luck to everyone taking part.......knock em dead Mon .....

Hope    pirate
01/06/2012 at 04:52

Yes Good luck all special good lucks, best wishes and aAAaaarrrgghhhs to Mon!

M...eldy    pirate
01/06/2012 at 05:04

This time next week guys ..... errr, it still wont be over  

Race strong Monique and any of our Tripe Talk friends 

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
01/06/2012 at 06:11
Have a great one guys!!!
01/06/2012 at 06:25
Thanks for the heads up on this, look forward to following it.

Good luck, have fun
Iron Pugsley    pirate
01/06/2012 at 06:54
Good luck all. You are clearly mentalists. But good luck anyway
seren nos    pirate
01/06/2012 at 17:55

they all seem to be going well..............11 of the 12 started...i hope we keep the 11 all week.it was horrible last year waiting with baited breathe each day to see how many got into the water at 6 am........out of the 20 starters only 3 finished............this year they all understand how tough the course is

debbo    pirate
01/06/2012 at 18:20

good luck TC and Mon, and thanks for the summary TC

13/06/2012 at 11:48
fat buddha wrote (see)

TC - a tip - when you get in the water, swim in the correct direction please and not like you did at Henley last year when a) you arrived late for the start and b) started swimming downriver and not up where everyone else was headed.......

actually - no - in hindsight do as you did 'cos it was so fecking funny to watch.....

good luck guys - hope to get across on either Mon or Tue to give some abuse....

Ah jeez, happy days. I'm glad you witnessed that FB, I havent made sufficient numpT capital out of it.

CatHat - Good to hear there is another person of taste riding a SoftRide, as wasnt me at Chilterns. Was it a straight beam or curvy beam one?

Muchos cheers for your responses and support. I was told of some of the comments during my race and it cheered me up ta. I must owe it all to you guys!

Sorry I prostituted my text from TT at the last mo (I was still finishing off at work till 11.30 pm, and had yet to pack anything!!) , but it was in a good cause and to wave a new flag. As its impossible for you normal folk to keep up on the EnduroBabble threads. 

Apologies Mon , Day 9 bike it twas  

Mon - I have decided. I love you so much that I'm going to deny myself, and let you go. I failed to press your button on Day 5. Just couldnt find the On Switch to get you running again. So I'm not right for you, and I'm going to let Dave have you instead, as you said you loved him so much, even tho your brain was addled on that last rainy DNF run. I know you'll be bouncing back at something to catch your imagination soon. Keep off the Lard, as I think you AND Dave (2 person teams) should have a go at O till O for example:

http://www.otillo.se/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dXBfNBj1M8

Look - No Cycling! 

Edited: 13/06/2012 at 11:50
The Silent Assassin    pirate
13/06/2012 at 12:13

I understand that TC is in fact a machine and made the deca look easy.

Congratulations on your result

seren nos    pirate
13/06/2012 at 12:17

He was a machine.......he just sprinted past everyone on the run on Day 10..........still taking time to give encouragement......It was amazing to see........

13/06/2012 at 12:27

TC - as I wasn't there - I just need to know 

did you wear the denim shorts every day???

seriously - top class bombing fella.  you did good.

Ironholgs    pirate
13/06/2012 at 12:31

Very well done TC on a phenomenal performance.

21 to 40 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.