Toughest race in the world

21 to 27 of 27 messages
01/10/2003 at 22:26
yes i hold the 48 hour treadmill world record (146.31 miles) my training buddy andi rivett now holds the 24 hour treadmill record around 132 miles and has just been given the 100 mile record on the treadmill , 16 hours 21 mins ( this is the same guy who ran the world record john o to land end in 9 days)
i have to agree with you about the spartathlon i think its something like 22% of enterants have actually ever finished it, you have to do 6 marathons averaging 5 hours per marathon,best of all it was set up by rits and was usually won by the brits in the early days
02/10/2003 at 09:05
Wild Will

Sounds Like a good run.
I'd definately do that
02/10/2003 at 11:43
me and a mate wanted to set up an actual official ultra race along haidrians wall, but the powers that be, national trust or whatever, weren't happy with the idea, they didn't want 100 people or so trooping along the footpath due to the archeology, don't know what the difference would be if 100 'friends' got together and decided to walk/run the length all at the same time.
02/10/2003 at 12:39
Last though they have opened additional stretches along the wall, and reinforced some of the pathways.

I believe they got some lottery money.

It may that they are more ameniable nowadays

I'd definatly do the event if it ran
02/10/2003 at 12:59
no, this we only asked them in june, they were not keen at all on the idea, you would have thought they would have been happy to get some free advertisement.
02/10/2003 at 13:03
don't want to wear away their nice new paths by walking (sorry.. running) on them !!
02/10/2003 at 14:31
Shame really, because the entry would probaly bve quite small - initially anyway

I'll have to do it on my own then someday

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.