Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

221 to 240 of 15,816 messages
01/02/2011 at 22:36
Oo, blimey. Sorry Steady. I wasn't sure where you are based so thought you might have been somewhere where it was still runable apart from black ice or something.

I did do some running over that period, but only through in my wellies across fresh snow that was begging for someone to ruin it!!! I swear, I ran through the little park between my office and town three times that week, in a child-like excitement! But the park is only about 300m long

Chili - I look forward to seeing you at the newly named Threadrun on Saturday then!
02/02/2011 at 07:28
And the good news is that bikes are safe if left at the start line. Plus, start line is about a mile closer to home than I thought!
02/02/2011 at 08:48

this thread moves so fast i loose track!

small recovery run yesterday.. then tried to go to the pool at 6:15 this morning but it was closed due to healh and safety ... a light fitting had shattered over the deep end of the pool!!!! so no swimming for me so far today.. Will do a bike ride this evening if i can't get in the pool

02/02/2011 at 16:33
Well I failed no run today I did my delivery to Mancester then at 7 am when I was about to start driving back I got a call to do a pick up in Liverpool so was late back so had my little girl straight away so no time for my run
02/02/2011 at 16:34
What's all this park running are you all local to each other?
02/02/2011 at 16:37

No, they are all over the country: http://parkrun.com/home.aspx

I did a mini-tri at lunchtime - cycled to the pool and back for a swimble, then tagged on a short plod at the end.

Got circuit training tonight.

02/02/2011 at 17:21

I've got circuit training tonight too! I was going to do a bit of cycling before/after, but I figure I am still in recovery, and have got some funny aches and pains, so will just do the class.

Congrats on the mid-week tri Yersinia!

02/02/2011 at 18:19
Just back from doing a 45 min run with a few walks, went off a bit too fast and had to really slow down, but did 3.1 miles and managed to run non stop for the second half of the loop. Yippee, I feel I am really making progress now, my plan had stated a 40min run but as I had 5 mins of walking in my loop it works out spot on. Roll on the swimming now.
02/02/2011 at 18:45

Ooh, circuit training - what a killer!

Managed a decent run last night but no speed work - 7.5km in 35mins. Felt OK, going to try speedwork tomorrow night with guys from the Tri club, then swim after work Friday. Need to get my swim working better as entered for Ribby hall Tri and Swimathon in a month or two! Blimey!!

Razor51    pirate
02/02/2011 at 22:00

Hi Gang .............Only 30 minutes of stretching and some core work tonight, will try and get a bike and run in tomorrow.

Well done everyone on your efforts.

Gav ,,,,,,,,,,need to get my arse in gear and enter the Ribby Hall Tri

02/02/2011 at 22:19

Evenin!

Yersinia -  wow! well done. Am very impressed.

ST - sorry you weren't able to fit in a session.

Steady - onwards and upwards

Had a bad day. Only got 3 hours sleep las night - no, don't ask... Tried to do a brick session. managed the 5 mile bike with no problem in fact I was 1 min faster than last time. But the run was so extremely painful and at only 1k my legs stopped and refused to move. I actually struggled to walk home!

And this evening I have a full blown head cold . And am feeling sorry for myself. So i seriously doubt I shall do my long bike ride tomorrow. 

Think I'll just toddle off and climb into bed. Goodnight everyone.

02/02/2011 at 23:12

Aw, poor Chilli. Hope you feel better in the morning.

Circuits was okay - I was a bit worried that it'd be too much on top of the lunchtime mini-tri.

Depending on how knackered I feel tomorrow, it'll either be a rest day, or I'll go skating.

03/02/2011 at 12:20

Oh Chili - poor you! Have a bath or two to rest those achey muscles and dose yourself up and rest. Maybe you haven't got over last weekends illness? Take as much time as you need, as you could just make it worse. I know it's hard, but I had a WHOLE WEEK off (apart from Zumba, which doesn't count). And actually it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

When is Ribby Hall and what distance are people doing?

Flippin' heck Yersinia - a mini tri AND circuits - I didn't make the link that it was all in one day! I did do 20 minutes of intervals on the bike before circuits, but it's no mini-tri!

I'm just off out for a run in the sun. I've been looking forward to it all week and work is threatening to put me off going (so much to do!) but I'm determined to get out there before I have three days of rain.

See yous all later

03/02/2011 at 13:04

chili... take a bit of rest time   

going for a swim this eevning.. then doing my long run tomorrow evening hopefully.. light permitting.. due to do around 14 which is hard when i liev in the country so lots of unlit lanes.. will try and get out of work on time and get a bit of running done before light goes and then do loops around teh actual town! 

then going to go to a swim videoing session my tri club are running on sat morning ! really interested to see my weak points! 

03/02/2011 at 14:58
14 miles or k Bootsie?
03/02/2011 at 15:08
miles..last long run before the half marathon on the 20th.. once that is over i have one  more race the following weekend and then 6 months focused on the tri stuff .. can't wait to not have to balance long runs and tri training
03/02/2011 at 17:46
I bet well done, longest I've done was 15 miles training for half and to be honest it was easier than the half lol don't ask me why

I'm doing one more half in March hoping to get under 2 hrs then move onto Tri
03/02/2011 at 17:56

Enjoy your well earned rest, Chilli! Don't go back to it too early, no matter how tempted you are.

Hey, JEvaNs: Ribby is 400m pool swim, 18km bike, 5km run. Details are up now on ukresults if you want to enter. I'll be there! My Fylde Tri Club Pink and Blue top clashes beautifully with my ginger bonce, so it's not hard to spot me!

Running tonight on Blackpool prom - 10k in a fierce cross wind straight off the sea, by the sound of what's happening outside my front window now. Oh well, Fylde coast events are always windy so I suppose its good practise. At least I can have a pizza without feeling guilty afterwards! Hurrah!

03/02/2011 at 19:05

Thanks guys and yes I've been very good and not attempted any training. Have been dosing myself with vitamin C and paracetamol and got through a whole box of tissues. I think I might be an endorphine junkie though, cos I'm not coping very well with the lack of training this week.

Yersinia  - that is very impressive

Bootsie - all the best with your 14 miles.

Razor51    pirate
03/02/2011 at 20:00

Hi Gang..........................Bootsie.... be careful out there in the dark it's bad enough in the daylight.

ST ....have managed to get out for a run yet?

Gav....... I bet you will look a picture in your clubs colours

Had a good day today, did my own little Tri, biked to and from the gym, 12 miles, 1k swim and a 2mile run off the bike..

The legs felt really heavy after the bike but my tims were about the same.

What you all been up to?

221 to 240 of 15,816 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.