For those not yet up to IM

5,081 to 5,100 of 15,095 messages
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
17/05/2012 at 18:45

evening all....

IronCat5    pirate
17/05/2012 at 20:36

Evening <pops in>.

Mikasa - as you have a bike, there is no need for a recovery run. As others have said, get a plan, see which run is best swapped for a bike. And take the bike easy....

17/05/2012 at 21:38

Another 3.2mi run tonight.

18/05/2012 at 13:17
Afternoon all,

Need to read back! Not on here yesterday and not been posting because I've been sulking in a corner! Self-indulgent whinge time because I am not well. Sinuses blocked up and feel fuzzy! Fed up because not been able to train since Monday and have a tri on Sunday. Hopefully I will clear up by then! Bleurgh!!

So, not happy but I should still be able to race, although not very quickly (nothing new there!!)
Rafiki    pirate
18/05/2012 at 13:23

Cake - couldn't agree more!! Also I like to use the word 'flexible' as well!!

18/05/2012 at 13:38
My training plan is 6x rest days one training day although this week I've swapped my training day for a rest day I really need to get my grove back before its to late

Alex don't worry bout doing nothing this week cause you might find the rest might make you better for your race cause your be like a coiled spring

Cake get your ass on Hell.......vellyn ;)
18/05/2012 at 14:34

Back from the dead! Well, not quite. Thanks to Razor for prodding me back to the forum! Hope all's good and the last 8 months has treated you well! My move to the sandpit has been bonkers, but have kept up my running (although minimal Tri involvement - there's a story!) Have done a couple of 1/2M (got down to 1h31m) and the Dubai marathon (although tore my calf 5 weeks before so hobbled to a rather disappointing 4hrs 00m 30s) plus some long trail stuff. Hard work getting used to the heat, but joining the Mirdif Milers has really helped. A cracking bunch! Entered the Abu Dhabi Tri in Feb but didn't take part - nightmare - checked my bike etc in the day before, went back to my hotel, got up early then missed the start due to horrendous traffic in Abu Dhabi - gutted! Ended up spectating and cheering Dubai Dave on - I think we were the only 2 pirates there?? Running getting tougher now as its getting really hot - over 40C every day. Club run tomorrow morning, 6am, 20k in the desert. Bike Saturday morning - 60k at 35C (ugh), swimming next week, and i can finally do front crawl without needing an ambulance! Even managed 1.5k in one go! Woohoo!

18/05/2012 at 14:59

Hi Gav! *big wave* So lovely to hear from you. Sounds tough... not at all sure I'd like that heat.

ST - ummm, at the risk of sounding like a nag.... don't you need to do some training before Hell......vellyn?

Am just heading out for a 2 hr run. I did 4+hrs last week and probably will next week before a short taper to my first marathon on 9th June. Am beginning to get excited about it.

18/05/2012 at 16:47

Great to hear from you GingerGav, you can keep that heat, I prefer warm not hot.

ST - hope you can fit a training day in sometime next week, or as Chilli has pointed out it could be hell in Hell...vellyn.

About to finish work and then head off for a run before the rain.

18/05/2012 at 17:09

hi all

chili - oh, exciting about your marathon

didn't really have much time yesterday evening, but went along to the tri club run, and yesterday morning did 15 miles on the bike. Legs feeling tired today, but managed 5 miles, although I did let myself walk a little because I am generally tired not just my legs.

alex - I can sympathise as I always get sinus problems with a cold. Hope you are ok for Sunday

having a nice relaxing evening this evening, and tomorrow planning on cycling the 13 miles to parkrun and cycling back.

18/05/2012 at 17:27

Nutty

Nuttier

ST you might have to adopt your current training programme, but I did LMFAO at the "decided to swap my training day for a rest day" comment

18/05/2012 at 17:44

blimey gastank they look hard! Can't imagine cycling over hardknott and wrynose passes - I remember being really scared driving that road! (I think I was screaming and the kids had a good laugh at me)

Razor51    pirate
18/05/2012 at 20:13

ST.......

IronCat5    pirate
18/05/2012 at 20:21

ST - what if Hellvelyn falls on a rest day?

IronCat5    pirate
18/05/2012 at 20:23

Worryingly, with all this training for Outlaw, the Race to Midnight doesn't seem too hard...

18/05/2012 at 20:31

what's mad is now that I seem to be doing fink for no apparent reason whatsoever, I look at the race to midnight and think with a bit of training that's possible in a few months or so BUT then I look at the map and think WTF?!?

The "nuttier" one looks awesome, but every single leg scares the bejesus out of me and certainly isn't a thought i can even fathom at this point

Cat - given that both are significantly shorter than the Outlaw I would be very surprised if you didn't think of either of them as "doable" - for the shorter Tri crowd this is bloody frightening

19/05/2012 at 07:43

had to rethink today's plans - don't think my legs are up to the cycle to parkrun and back. So off to the gym and to see if there is any space in the spinning class then some core work.

gastank - you are doing fink because you want to gauge whether ironman is a possibility and you want to do outlaw next year - just admit it!!

Doner Kebab    pirate
19/05/2012 at 09:59
I got wasdale down for next year , the other one looks like elitist crap if I read it right
19/05/2012 at 11:08

doner - yeah, I think you are right, you have to apply and only 20 people get in.

wasdale looks amazing but far too scary! Even if I was capable of the distances, hardknott and wrynose is a scary road!

19/05/2012 at 11:26
DK - agreed, I like the race idea though there's something about swimming from an island to the mainland that strangely appeals... Other such races ideas include Alcatraz and there is an open water swim from Robben Island, which is 7.5km and through notorious waters off the cape which I keep wondering when they will turn into a triathlon - the freedom tri as I call it my mind (Note: I was raised in South Africa)
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.