Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

5,161 to 5,180 of 17,564 messages
25/05/2012 at 15:15

Damn trains not running that early on on Sunday morning..

25/05/2012 at 15:16

I used to, plus still work there!  Plus my first tri was there.

Edited: 25/05/2012 at 15:17
oii
25/05/2012 at 15:19

ahhhhh there you go then!

25/05/2012 at 15:32

Oii - How are you? Mind that shoulder!
Mikasa - Did you want me to dig out those bike reviews for you? I like my Fely Z95 btw...more sportive geometry than aggressive and suits me great. For the money you mention you could look at the Z85...got some good spec on it for the price too!!
GT - Good luck for edinburgh...hope the wind holds off this year and it goes well for you!!
Blunders - well done for getting out there and doing something...so easy to sack it off when you cancel your original session! Sounds like you've had good swim progress too!
Mathschick - good luck in Sheffield!!
MA - well done on sustaining your gain!! Good to see if you can oush on from it now!!

My week off training should finish today...just about over this illness and going to go for a run tomorrow. Probably swim too!!

Take care all

25/05/2012 at 15:38

Alex - the review you mention was on tri220? I think I've got it, must have another read.

Good luck for everyone who's racing this weekend! I'll be on the beach all day tomorrow. It's a hard life...

25/05/2012 at 16:06

Nope...in one of the Cycling monthly mags there was a review of 5 bikes for under £1000 I think...I'll have a look. The Z85 wasn't one of them though. My recommendation is just based on the fact that it is a better version of my bike!!!!

The Traithlon Shop in Bristol has great customer service and do a really good video fitting as well. They were very patient with me and my beginner-ness!!

oii
25/05/2012 at 17:18

alex - all good just got big things changing round here, you know how it is sometimes, yawn. yeah stupid shoulder! totes my own fault. am new to this upper bvody thing! its taken me four years to work my legs out with the running!

25/05/2012 at 18:40

I'll have a ponder re: the cycle, the day before I've got to be on a train at 4.30am to get to the olympics.

I need to go home but have way too much work to do. . . *headdesk*

25/05/2012 at 18:46

just did 50 lengths swimming. Mostly front crawl, but switched to breaststroke a couple of times when I felt my technique and body position was getting really bad. Pleased with that

25/05/2012 at 20:10

Evening everyone

Just seen on another thread that Orange Cannon might be dropping out of the run leg of the Outlaw. Anyone fancy doing it? You might want to contact him for details. Gastank? ST?

Been out of LSR this eve. 11 miles through the woods so although it was rather hot it wasn't in full sun. Was beautiful. Am now in taper for the South Downs Marathon

Good luck Gastank for this weekend.

Is anyone else racing?

25/05/2012 at 21:52

anyone seen that the bonkers but lovely Seren Nos is doing a double iron in 16 days?

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=JulieSerenLewis&pageUrl=2

25/05/2012 at 22:21

Good luck with the taper Chilli and to all those racing this weekend.
Hope Orange Cannon  can find someone to run the run leg of outlaw, I am struggling a bit with the wretched ITB/lower back/hip flexor tightness stuff but will do my long run on Sunday quite late in the day to try to avoid the heat. My planned route is on common land and woods so hopefully not too sunny although I know part of it will be alongside a road with no shade at all.

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
26/05/2012 at 00:08
Thx for all the good wishes everyone

Chili thx for heads up, would love to do it but need to see how I feel after this one assuming I do it ok...
26/05/2012 at 07:47

good luck for tomorrow gastank

26/05/2012 at 09:42

Morning! Glorious day again here! May not be able to do planned swim as I use an open-air pool on the caravan site where we spend weekends. I have a feeling it will be busy today!!!

Oii - fair enough!! Hope all is ok though!
Eco - we have a crazy early start to get the Olympics too...what are you going to see? We are going to the cross-country equestrian. Horse-mad wife and kids! (Not Horse off here!)
GT - chill out time today for you I hope? Don't do too much sightseeing!
MC - Good work with the swimming!
Chilli - sounds like a lovely run!!
Steady - Hope the niggles clear up and you have a good run!

I think I will be doing the Park Bryn Bach Aquathlon this Thursday...need to get as much OW practice as possible!

Any of you lot in the SW/Wales area considering it? Or the Castle Coombe midweek duathlon?

26/05/2012 at 14:28

For Shas and anyone else following my efforts, my number tomorrow is 242. Another early start but hey ho thats what I love about the sport.

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
26/05/2012 at 15:45
Good luck tomorrow Steady and also to Maths!
26/05/2012 at 15:54

steady - which one are you doing?

27/05/2012 at 13:51

Hope those racing have had a good day! Looking forward to the race reports.

4.1 mile run for me in the morning and 1200m swim at lunch time.

27/05/2012 at 14:20

back from Sheffield - really hot. Was really pleased, managed the first 10 miles in 2 hours, thought I might be on for 2:40, but the heat really kicked in during those last 3 miles, eveyone around me was walking, everything hurt and I finished in 2:46 (according to my garmin, but it did go on autopause when I was under a long bridge so could be a little longer)

cake - I thought I saw you, but you were in front of me and I couldn't quite catch up!

the bit along eccy road was great - really good support from the crowd

only downside - they ran out of goody bags so I didn't get one. Not very impressed, and there were still quite a few people behind me so lots of people didn't get one

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.