Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

5,301 to 5,320 of 17,565 messages
oii
01/06/2012 at 21:43

rafi - sharing the hair stories, awesome!!!

mikasa - looks that way  have a great hols!

Cortina5    pirate
01/06/2012 at 22:17
RafikiD wrote (see)

and I shaved my hair today (grade 2) if that makes you feel better!!

Legs right?

oii
01/06/2012 at 22:20
Man bush.
Cortina5    pirate
01/06/2012 at 22:33

oii
01/06/2012 at 22:45
Ha!!!
02/06/2012 at 07:01

Rafi, Oii and Cat5's hair exchange just made me laugh!!
Mikasa - Have a great break, see you in a few...
MA - I actually tried a few different things in the water on Thursday and a catch-up style worked quite well, so I think that there is merit in what you say!!
MC - Well done on getting out on the bike! The swimming will come, so they tell me!!
Chilli - Wow! Just...wow!

Calves are really tight after my cramp during the aquathlon. Think it is just DOMS though and nothing more serious! Got out on bike yesterday for a short ride...was quite nice. May take a day off today though. Certainly not running, put it that way!! Maybe I will carry on reading Total Immersion!

02/06/2012 at 08:01

alex - have you got a foam roller? Might sort your calves out. If you haven't got one, if you are a member of a gym they might have one there - my local council run gym has one.

OH and kids have left for camping for a couple of days, so apart from tomorrow's tri and other exercise I plan to finish Chrissie Wellington's book and read Andy Holgate's. Not sure I will manage all that in 2 days but I can try!  The house is so quiet it is spooky

02/06/2012 at 08:32

Nope...probably should invest in one. Not a member of a gym either. I am a lone wolf!!

You will enjoy those books! I thought they were very good!! Are you all set for your tri? Enjoy the peace while you can!! my OH and the girls have gone horse riding and I've got the baby sat next to me, trying to bash the keyboard!

02/06/2012 at 10:53

yep, all set for tomorrow. Well, haven't got my stuff ready yet, but will do that tonight. It is forecast heavy rain so I am going to get a box with a lid so I can keep stuff like socks dry until I need to put them on. Unsure about the bike in heavy rain - guess I should just take it easy and not risk skidding off

haha - glad my days of babies are over. although babies are easier than 2 boys constantly fighting and arguing!

Rafiki    pirate
02/06/2012 at 13:19

+ 1 for a foam roller!!

oii
02/06/2012 at 14:23
+3 million for foam roller.

I am of weak calves. My Physio and running coach both got me into one leg calf raises on a step. Put ball of left foot on step and raise your self up and down till fatigue (25 for me) and do twice on each leg. I do this every other day.
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
02/06/2012 at 15:10
Yep foam roller and a lacrosse ball for me AND an accupressure mat

would love a decent EMS machine too ....
oii
02/06/2012 at 15:27
Ems?
02/06/2012 at 15:38
Electro Muscle Stimulation

Your hair sounds v cool BTW

My favourite hairstyle was last year for a 40th birthday, we went as punks, dyed red shaved in Mohawk and guyliner

Nowadays sporting a very corporate looking Beckham esque hairstyle
oii
02/06/2012 at 15:48
Well I don't know what that does, but I totally need one!

Corporate Beckham esque sounds cool. Maybe some highlights! Hahaha!
02/06/2012 at 15:56
Got told off for highlighting hair in past, was pissed for two reasons

1) you wouldn't say that to a women
2) i'd spent a few weeks bodyboarding in Cornwall and having been brought up in warmer climates my hair naturally highlights quite easily

I'm a super dirty blonde COLOUR now
Doner Kebab    pirate
02/06/2012 at 16:20
Yellow is the only colour you should be having
oii
02/06/2012 at 16:25
Got blown apart on the ride with the Tri club today. Left the group early and only did 51, not the planned 65. Will be doing the Mendips 65 and not 95!
02/06/2012 at 16:47
Oii, how long you got for training? Is the 95 still not possible?
02/06/2012 at 18:41

Oii - what happened?
GT - hate that sort of corporate BS!! Go for yellow with pirate logo dyed into the back!!
MC - I've got 2 girls 12 and 13 as well as the baby...luckily they get on really well!!

EMS is a weird feeling at first!! Very odd!

Oh, and there will be no calf raises for me. They are one thing that definitely doesn't need strengthening!!! Flexibility is key!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.