Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,361 to 7,380 of 15,623 messages
16/11/2012 at 19:24

I like the fact that no matter what injuries we have the focus is recovery and moving on. To be hurting but still focusing on IM next year is pretty hardcore... 

Shoddy week at work, managed spin class and pt on top though. Off to bed shortly as seriously worn out. Have a top weekend everyone. 

IronCat5    pirate
16/11/2012 at 19:29
MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

To be hurting but still focusing on IM next year is pretty hardcore... 

Speak for yourself Have a good one y'all.

17/11/2012 at 20:26

Evening everyone!

Razor51    pirate
17/11/2012 at 20:29
Evening all.
Dustboy    pirate
17/11/2012 at 21:19

Ooh, hellooooo! Am I the only one who finds that the more time you have off training, the more you CBA to get  back to it?

Razor51    pirate
17/11/2012 at 21:22
Not on your own mate
17/11/2012 at 21:51

Evening chili, evening Razor. Now come on lads set an example for a girl... 

I've not had a bad training week. Rest day today, run and swim tomorrow completes it. Got home from work 20mins ago to find OH had set up the turbo for me... Woop Woop. He tried it out which led to my dogs scurrying out into the garden looking terrified. Will try it out properly tomorrow. Quick question, I have a spare bike attached to turbo now. Am I better having the bike I normally use or doesn't it matter?

IronCat5    pirate
17/11/2012 at 22:09

If you can get your spare bike set up so things are in the same place (pedals/saddle/bars) then all well and good. If not, don't worry. Time on the bike is time on the bike.

Razor51    pirate
17/11/2012 at 22:19
Evening Mrs D, not run since Thursday but will be out in the morning for a run
17/11/2012 at 22:59

Having just read that back, I am not suggesting Chili is a 'lad' by the way.
OH informs me it's dead easy to switch my bike in if req Cat, we'll soon see... The spare bike is my old one so set up for me anyway. Seems easier to leave as is. 
Enjoy your run Razor, will check back tomorrow!!! 

18/11/2012 at 08:21

morning all

MrsD if your turbo is like mine it takes about 30 seconds to get the bike in and out (which is lucky because I can't leave it set up in the middle of the living room - the kids would mess with it). Thing is, now I have a spare wheel on it with a turbo tyre on, I just can't be bothere to swap wheels and cycle outside. It is warmer on the turbo/in the gym, but I know I do need to get outside too

IronCat5    pirate
18/11/2012 at 11:45

My general plan is turbo on the TT bike during the week, and ride outside with the club on weekends. Just had a huge fry up for brunch. Will run when that has settled.

In other news, daughter has the dreaded nits, so we're all getting treated. I may just shave my head.

Dustboy    pirate
18/11/2012 at 12:23

Easiest way Cat, though I find a no2 is close enough to avoide the little bastards.

Razor51    pirate
18/11/2012 at 15:33
Cat. Don't forget the pics of your shaved head ( bearcat)

Ran 10 miles on my own with just my music, ( I definatly run faster with music) this morning @ 9.40 pace, felt good so just kept running total time 1.36 really happy with that, it's my longest and fastest since my tumble off the bike back in May. Happy days
18/11/2012 at 20:51

Hey Maths, how the devil are you? You been giving the spin bike a beasting?

Gonna get a lesson on how to set the turbo up and give it a 30min blast in the morning... Swim in the afternoon. Feels like actually maintaining training now - Woop Woop!
Cat, if your affected shave the head... Making me itch thinking about it! However, there's much better products about now to deal. Just make sure you repeat 7 days later.
Good running Razor, must have been a good feeling today... I'm excited because I'm now allowed to run for 2mins. Crazy tired, 2 days off now... Hurrah! 

18/11/2012 at 22:28

hi MrsD, yep been on the spin bike a lot, and done quite a bit of swimming, thought the knee was feeling a lot better, until I got up after lunch today and struggled to walk. Iced when I got home and it isn't too bad now, but decided not to go to the club swim tonight to rest it a bit

good that you can run now, 2 mins is better than nothing

Razor51    pirate
18/11/2012 at 22:41
Mrs D, when the physio said to me I could run for 5 mins each day I felt like I had won the Lottery so take it easy and don't do too much.

Mathschick you rest up as well tuboing is ok as long as its not painful.
19/11/2012 at 12:13

I'm finding swimming is easier on the legs than turbo-ing so going to take it very steady with the Turbo until December.

Did my first non club swim this weekend, 1 hour at the local pool all front crawl but no idea on lengths as I'm rubbish at keeping count.

One thing though, now I am brave and wear goggles I can see the bottom of the pool, eeeewwwwwwwwww not nice.  If I survive whats in there open water will be a doddle!

Razor51    pirate
19/11/2012 at 12:43
Ali. You can get a lap counter that you put on your finger and tap it every lap with your thumb and they cost less than a tenner. Look up "swim lap counters".
19/11/2012 at 17:50

Alibear, don't worry about open water, you can't see much, its the fish biting you or ducks/geese/swans that you have to worry about. Having a Grebe dive underwater 3 feet away can be a bit disconcerting though, never did see it come up. Goggles are great, without them and  a noseclip I would be unable to put my head in the water.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.