Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,461 to 7,480 of 13,880 messages
Dustboy    pirate
29/11/2012 at 22:41

Thinking of shorter tris, anyone else fancy Stratford in May next year? Done it a few times now and it's quite a laugh.

30/11/2012 at 08:19

chili - it is difficult when you feel stuff like everything the family does is starting to revolve around your activities. It is a bit of give and take. YOu are lucky that your family also enjoy the same kind of activities.

IronCat5    pirate
30/11/2012 at 08:47

Running i the crisp cold Razor - gotta love it.

Stratford Oly DB? A bit far for me, in terms of travel and racing distance!

Rafiki    pirate
30/11/2012 at 09:06

Stratford's a sprint or super sprint by  the looks of things Cat, with a pool swim? I would but my May race calendar is fairly busy

30/11/2012 at 10:02

It was parky as you like last night Steady, I understand where you're coming from! 
Chili, yes is the only answer... Monopolize those weekends! Claim its simply a camping trip to a lovely lake. 
His Maths, how's the running going?
Dusty, unfortunately Stratford is the same day as the Cotswold. Cotswold is ow and a  lot closer! 
Go on with the running Razor, told you you were my inspiration. Only slightly disappointed you wimped out due to the cold 
Cat, you nearer the Cotswolds? Nice little OW sprint...
Hellooo Rafiki!

Razor51    pirate
30/11/2012 at 11:16
Mrs D, didn't wimp out, did my 5.5 mile route but felt I could have carried on if I'd wanted to, but I didn't. -1c but it didn't feel that cold once we got going. How are things going for you on the injury front, hope things are on the mend now.
Edited: 30/11/2012 at 11:19
30/11/2012 at 11:32

I enjoy the old wintery weather for running. Like to see my breath... Going so much better Razor. Up to 5mins of running next week. Should be rocking by January. My mood improved aswell, not such a grumpy little woman! Woop Woop!

IronCat5    pirate
30/11/2012 at 12:06
MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

Cat, you nearer the Cotswolds? Nice little OW sprint...

Tell me more...

Dustboy    pirate
30/11/2012 at 13:10

Think Soupy might be up for it too.

30/11/2012 at 14:28

Stratford, tempting. But I've got two HIM and one IM over a weekend to work towards for next year, and timing wise its not going to work for me, need to find some sprints really early in the year. Open water swims are aslo going to be on the todo list for as soon as the lakes start to open up.

30/11/2012 at 16:01

stratford is tempting, but I will be doing Southwell the week before and should probably spend the rest of time time gearing up for outlaw half

30/11/2012 at 23:37

No running but I did spend the evening dancing with one of my gorgeous daughters. Am deffinitely running tomorrow and next week is not quite so busy so am going to have a proper training week.... weather permitting...

IronCat5    pirate
01/12/2012 at 10:06

Still snotty. Taking my running kit to Brizzle in case I get an hour....

01/12/2012 at 11:51

Cat - Cotswold Sprint or Super Sprint 12th May. South Cerney, Cirencester. You off to the 'do'? Gutted really as working all weekend. With it being so close would have been a top night. Hope snottiness gets better! 

01/12/2012 at 22:35

parkrun this morning with my girlies in freezing temperatures

Okay, it is time to get organised. I am doing a half ironman next year so I need so kind of idea of what to do. Does anyone have a favourite training plan? I'm weakest on the bike.

MC- what are you doing? Except I think you train far more than I do so i'm not sure I could keep up with your plan.

Do folk have a dropback week every 3 or 4 weeks?

01/12/2012 at 22:37

How many weeks taper do I need to allow for? For a marathon I usually do 2 week taper.

01/12/2012 at 22:55

Should I do a brick session each week? Or every other week?

02/12/2012 at 11:00

Chili, pretty much the same at the moment. Because starting from scratch doing a sprint, Olympic then 10 week HIM programme. Only way I can work it in my head. Hopefully will all come together. You already have the base fitness so would likely be different for you.

02/12/2012 at 12:50

chili - thought I would do the HIM plan off the beginner triathlete website - although I haven't really looked at it yet, but I think I would need to start in January sometime. For the moment I am just really doing some bike (turbo) swim when I can fit it in, and trying to get back to running. 

02/12/2012 at 15:51
Hi Guys I'm still about just been feeling low so not been posting. Still not shifted could totally yet that's what's been getting me down. On plus note during my worst part of flu I lost 1 1/2 stone in weight so now just under 14 1/2 stone. Was hoping to start outlaw plan this week but throat still very sore and cold weather would be batter my throat.

Have fun all
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.