Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,481 to 7,500 of 15,363 messages
02/12/2012 at 16:48

ST - hope you are feeling better soon, you have been ill for ages! you havve ages till outlaw so don't worry

02/12/2012 at 16:48

Get well soon ST, I thought  your absence was that you were busy helping Santa's elves with deliveries. No point in starting the training when not well, it just sets you up for an even longer break to recover properly. Eat well and rest enough.

I went out in the cold this morning for another trot around the common. The loop is 1.9 miles and was far enough, did 1 min 30 sec run and 1 min walk.

02/12/2012 at 16:51

well done steady

I am not running outside yet, but have been doing some run/walk on the treadmill. Knee has been hurting today though so I'll see how it is tomorrow. Back to the physio on Wednesday.

Have a really busy week this week at work which will stop me training as much as I would like 

02/12/2012 at 17:26

Having to follow my name and take it steady, but enjoying the steady pace. Hope to get a bit more consistent with the training and do something each day, although this week I have some training in London to go to, so turbo is looking likely.

Razor51    pirate
02/12/2012 at 19:26
ST, hope the cold goes soon mate, you seem to have copped for quite a lot of shitty colds this year, look on the bright side, you've lost 1 1/2 stone of timber. The Outlaw plan doesn't start until 10th so you have got plenty of time to get yourself doped up and get well, good luck mate
IronCat5    pirate
02/12/2012 at 20:14

Hi All,

Still a bit snotty here, bit probably caused by beer Pirate xmas do was a good craic. Haven't run since a good track session lasty Wednesday.

ST - rest up and get well before starting the training.

Chili - a HIM is more like a long Oly - much like a marathon isn't the same as 2 half-maras. You'll ace the run, the bike is all about time in the saddle. A weekly brick really helped, maybe 2 miles after a turbo?

MrsD - I think that may be one of our club champs...I must find out.

03/12/2012 at 22:27

Irritated with myself and it's only Monday. No training done for 4 days as work has sucked the life from me. Keep reminding myself the graft starts Jan but frustrated with myself. 

Mr Cat, let me know about Cotswold would be nice to put some faces to names.

Christmas tree up.... Get in! 

03/12/2012 at 22:51

Christmas cards written. Nought else done.

03/12/2012 at 23:22

Haven't done mine yet Steady. In fact last year I left it too late and so just e-mailed everyone!

ST - sorry you are still feeling so rough.

Razor sounds like you are doing great.

I did the first day of my building base plan 5 miles of hills on bike this morning and ran the same 5 miles this evening. Running up the hills is sooooo much easier than cycling! I have a very long way to go but hopefully will be fit and ready by the end  of May.

Razor51    pirate
04/12/2012 at 10:48
6 mile run last night with Horse, 9.30 pace which seems to be my comfy Z2HR pace. First 4 miles felt great but struggled a bit with the last 2 miles, last week it easy on the same route.
04/12/2012 at 21:46

Well done on the first day of training Chilli, I am still sorting out my plan, which looks like it will be 20 weeks starting in the new year.

Did my little run/walk again tonight, its beginning to feel easier, then a hour of pilates, which was hard work as the church hall had the heating on full blast. I have heard of hot yoga but not hot pilates.
Razor sometimes runs like that just happen, hopefully next time you do that route it will be easy, or maybe you have a bug lurking and about to be ill.

05/12/2012 at 12:56

Swimming yesterday and then bike this morning in the snow with the lovely cycling group. That's training 3 days in a row and you have no idea how proud of myself I am!

05/12/2012 at 17:53

well done chili

physio said I can run so going to find the cold gear and go for a quick 15/20 minutes to clear the cobwebs. It was about 12 degrees warmer last time I ran outside...

05/12/2012 at 18:49

It most certainly is! Mind the ice patches. I do have some nice running gear for cold weather but am going to invest in decent waterproofs and better gloves if I'm going to be out on the bike.

And at somepoint I'm going to have to get those proper cycling shoes with clippy bits. Oh dear, I am such a novice at cycling that I don't even know the name!

IronCat5    pirate
05/12/2012 at 21:54

Nice on Chili. Just in time for the cold and ice to make it really hard to train .

Great news from the Phys MC!

Our track was iced up tonight so we stuck with the 100m we could see was ok.

06/12/2012 at 08:01

chili - they are called cleats! I got some when I got my road bike, and have only fallen a couple of times. Best thing to do when you get them is go on some quiet roads to practice. I need some proper cold weather cycling stuff - I am just doing the turbo at the moment. I do have a pirate cycling jacket on order, so maybe when I get that I will be inspired to go out...

06/12/2012 at 18:04

I have been lazy, not done any proper training, blaming the cold and cba. Had 2 days of learning new stuff at work and my brain is frazzled, coupled with yesterdays train problems resulting in a 2 and a half hour journey.
Mathschick I have a cycle jacket on order, hope it has the right effect on me when I get it.

06/12/2012 at 21:15

Oooh, you ladies are going to look so pretty in your new jackets.

I finished my Christmas shopping today. Part of it involved sweatshop and my hubby buying my very expensive and lovely present

06/12/2012 at 21:22

Darling, you're worth more. xxxx

06/12/2012 at 22:17

aw, sounds very nice Mr and Mrs Chilibean.
I resolve to try harder next week and do at least 2 swim, 2 bike and 2 run, even if its only for 30 mins each.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.