Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,501 to 7,520 of 15,622 messages
07/12/2012 at 19:16

Pt done, well and truly beasted. Now settled downright the Dark Knight and mulled wine - sweet! 

08/12/2012 at 07:42

morning everyone

had a really busy week and not done much training but oh well, decided to call it a recovery week. I think next week might be just as bad because there are school plays and concerts etc to go to

08/12/2012 at 08:00

glad I signed up for winterswim - haven't been to the pool for a while and got an email reminding me I need to put in a 100m time before tomorrow. That means I HAVE  to get to the pol this weekend! even if I only do 4 lengths I will do more though. Shame that the pool where my tri club trains is shut for maintenance now till January, so no coached sessions for a while. I find it hard to make myself do drills when I am on my own, maybe I feel a bit odd. 

08/12/2012 at 08:04

I am hoping it means before the END of tomorrow, as the pool isn't open today. How can it not open for a lane swim on a Saturday for goodness sake??

08/12/2012 at 22:31

Have a good swim MC. Hope you enjoyed your evening Mrs D. All the best with your training plan next week Steady. Which races are you planning to do next year?

09/12/2012 at 08:43

early morning turbo session for me - did one of the sufferfest videos.

question about the turbo - on some of the sufferfest videos it tells you to stand up, when I tried that, my bike moved forwards, front wheel nearly came off the yellow pages and I nearly cra*pped myself. Am I doing something wrong? should I try it again or am I likely to hurt myself??

09/12/2012 at 20:47

first swim for two weeks, felt like I was going in slow motion. 

IronCat5    pirate
09/12/2012 at 21:25

I couldn't put in a 100m time for Winterswim as I hadn't entered my base before the 100m

V hilly XC today. 1 minute faster this year, and I fell over in the mud winding myself, so lost about a minute there too. Very hard work, but I earnt my place at the buffet!

10/12/2012 at 08:14

well done cat

I had forgotten to take my garmin to the pool to time my 100m properly so used the funny clock thing they have on the side of the pool, haven't really got the hang of timeing myself with them yet but have managed to enter a time and at least I got to the pool! Must work on the swimming more

10/12/2012 at 22:47

Have just read the 'No going back...' thread and spat my coffee out over my keyboard!

Did short hilly bike ride today in horrible wind.... at least it wasn't raining or snowing...

12/12/2012 at 23:18

Hello.....

Hello......?

Anyone there?

I've been training in the freezing cold. Bike and run, very difficult in this weather. Hope everyone else is surviving.

13/12/2012 at 08:12

I am here but having a tough week with eldest son and feeling very stressed. Managed a turbo yesterday morning and a spin class in the evening. Tonight we are going to see the troublesome son in a concert at the Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham so fingers crossed he does everything he should today in order to get there with his cornet ready for rehearsals - he is not being very good at being self-organised so I am worried he won't manage to get on the bus.....

anyway, this has impacted on me a lot this week, plus a stressful week at work has meant very little exercise/training

next week should be better

13/12/2012 at 08:12

and chili - massive well done for going out on the bike in this weather! Must have been freezing

IronCat5    pirate
13/12/2012 at 08:52

Keep safe on the bike Chili - regarding the weather, if there is doubt, there is no doubt! Will run today at lunch. Think it will still be frosty out.

Drove to Essex yesterday for work -6C in the morning, and -2 when I got home Brrr.

Hope things improve MC!

13/12/2012 at 09:56

IronCat, I live on the border of Essex/Hertfordshire, just north of the M25. The warmest it got yesterday was -2 here as well!

My training plan says I am supposed to cycle to pilates, but I'm not going to. The amount of layers I have to wear to make cycling almost bearable does make it appealing when I then have to get changed in the club hall.

MC - sorry to hear it's been a difficult week. I'm often amazed at just how exhausting mental stress can be!

13/12/2012 at 17:22

chili - mental stress is worse than being physically tired, it just wears you down. Behaviour at school has been terrible this week, which is wearing me out too. Next week will be better as the classes will just be more relaxed - and we only have 3 teaching days, trip to see the Hobbit with year 8 on Thursday and xmas activities on Friday. Can't wait

IronCat5    pirate
13/12/2012 at 19:16

I was really keen to see the Hobbit until I found out I'll only see 1/3rd of it, then the second 1/3 next Christmas, etc.

In the spirit of shorter tri I did my LSR today. 7 miles . Body didn't want anything to do with it, and by the time I'd warmed up I realised I was waaay overdressed in LS top and jacket, plus running tights.

I realise it's still T-shirt and shorts weather, provided gloves are worn too.

Rafiki    pirate
13/12/2012 at 19:47

how can they make a short book like that into three films??? i could read it quicker!!

13/12/2012 at 22:31

what - it is only a third of the book?????? it is 2 and a half hours long, and to be honest, not my type of film.....

Britrisky    pirate
13/12/2012 at 23:31

What a con! Imagine going to see E.T. and not getting past him hiding in the wardrobe, or only seeing Oliver asking for more ... 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.