Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,521 to 7,540 of 15,446 messages
14/12/2012 at 11:34

Ooh, I don't think I'd like endurance film watching.

14/12/2012 at 12:16

the best thing about these long films is you get a good long time to have a nap while the kids are engrossed in the film, although napping when we take a school trip to the cinema is difficult

16/12/2012 at 20:05

Hello peeps... Been a long old week. Work hotting up as the weather cools. Novovirus around. All quite manic! But, trained well. Did my first brick in a while today and up to 5mins of running with 1min walk intervals now. Starting to look forward to Jan. 

Sorry stressful week for you Maths. Things calming down a bit?

Chili - I too am chickening out of cycling outdoors. Turbo is the way forward!

Cat - you're slightly bonkers! But you're not the only one I've seen out running in shorts! 

IronCat5    pirate
16/12/2012 at 20:08
MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)
Cat - you're slightly bonkers! But you're not the only one I've seen out running in shorts! 

Today was league XC again. Short shorts and vest! Tried out my new spikes today too. Very impressed, plenty of grip in the deep mud.

Tried to avoid the Noro. I remember it well!

16/12/2012 at 21:01

my youngest has the norovirus and now my OH too. Don't think there is much chance of me and my  other kid avoiding it but we will try

Razor51    pirate
16/12/2012 at 21:42
4.8 mile run this morning in 42 mins, ran with just music so was surprised at my pace of 8.42m/mi, normally I'm a 9.30 ish but felt really good but I think I must have crept out of Z2. Fink plan was a bit disjointed this week only managed to run due to sitting for 3 grand kids whilst my daughter celebrated her 40 th birthday in New York with her feller Horse. Looking forward to week 2.
17/12/2012 at 22:36

Hello everyone, been away for a week, nipped off to Lanza for some sunshine and warmth. However the plans for training got altered, I went to a spinning class and over did it big time. Quads trashed so much I had to use the hotel lift as stairs, legs were like the day after a marathon, which lasted most of the week, so did plenty of swimming and some walks, was brave and went for a dip in the sea, but it was cold, and the pool was only a bit better as heated by the sun on its black tiles.
Got physio later this week and hoping to get to the pool to do my 200m for winterswim. My garmin 910 is set to miles, so open water swimming it measures in yards, plus it doesnot register to well if my arm stroke is too quick.

Will try to avoid Norovirus, but working in hospitals  (luckily away from the public) does put me at some risk.

Razor51    pirate
18/12/2012 at 18:35
45 min Z2 run with Horse last night in torrential rain but enjoyed it. 35 min swim at lunchtime managed 1.5K with some drills, not enough time to do Fink swim so just doing what I can fit in for now.
18/12/2012 at 20:35

Evening everyone. My laptop died on Sat, but is fortunately now fixed so just popping in to say hello.

Had a great training day yesterday with bike and run then woke up unable to breathe properly so decided swim was not such a great idea.

Hopefully it won't develop into anything mosre than suffles and headache so I can do a long bike ride tomorrow.

Razor - your training is impressive 

Stay well everyone and don't eat too many mince pies

IronCat5    pirate
18/12/2012 at 20:53

We have already gone through packets and packets of mince pies

Club run tonight. 11km. Definitely not in Z2

Razor51    pirate
18/12/2012 at 22:29
Cat....... I'm a sucker for mince pies and I love Christmas cake so it looks like I'll be having to shift some timber after Chrimbo.
18/12/2012 at 22:37

Mmmm, mince pies, had 2 mini ones today. I prefer homemade to packaged up mass produced ones, will make some at the weekend for Mr Steady using gluten free pastry.

19/12/2012 at 08:21

chili - hope you are ok

mmm, mince pies. We are having a fuddle at work today so lots of food

oh I love xmas cake too, and xmas pudding!

really enjoyed a sufferfest turbo session this morning

19/12/2012 at 20:55

Felt better this morning so did my long ride of 12 miles . Was shattered. I can't believe that cycling 12 miles is harder than running 12 miles!

Now I feel bunged up with cold again! 

Not so keen on mince pies although I make them for the family... prefer chocolate brownies 

Razor51    pirate
19/12/2012 at 21:04
Brick session tonight as per Fink, 30mins turbo followed by 15 min run, first brick for ages so legs felt a bit wobbly. I'm getting into this training lark
Edited: 19/12/2012 at 21:06
IronCat5    pirate
20/12/2012 at 08:59

Mrs Cat made rocky road cake at work yesterday. Gives a nice break from mince pies.

Nice ride Chili. I must do some bricks at some point :S

21/12/2012 at 18:23

Work stuff completed, can now relax and enjoy the time off.
Just a rather long to do list to get through, but at least I have done one thing which was go out for a short run/walk. Just the cleaning and cooking etc to do; oh and wrap up Mr Steady's pressie whilst he is at work tomorrow.
I am still waiting to find out if its just the 2 of us or FiL is going to come. Was hoping to sneek a bit of exercise in on Xmas day if I can, even if its just a walk after lunch.

21/12/2012 at 20:16

Well the week started off well but finished with a cold so I can't breathe so can't run. Did a 3 mile walk with one of my daughters this eve though.

Well done Steady. With hubby being a minister Christmas is a 'work day' for us, although rather a fun one and we have 3 elderly ladies from our chuch joining us for dinner. But I too hope to get in a run or walk later in the evening.

22/12/2012 at 08:11

morning 

cat - I love rocky road

steady - I have loads of cleaning tidying wrapping to do. Also need to go with the kids to deliver scout post - we seem to have loads to deliver this year! Maybe not today as it is chucking it down and we all have colds

chili - I have finished the week with a rotten cold too which is going to mean no training this weekend. And the swimming pool isn't open again till Thursday - I feel like I have done very little swimming lately!

IronCat5    pirate
22/12/2012 at 13:25

Shame you're oop norf Maths, you could have some rocky road; we have stacks of it now.

So a new PB at parkrun this morning, although only by 1s. I was hoping to crack the 20 min level today, but the entire course was waterlogged and hard going. Still, to be 1s quicker in all that since Sep can't be that bad.

A nice walk on Christmas day, with a run to in-laws on Boxing day (~10mi).

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.