Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,541 to 7,560 of 15,348 messages
Britrisky    pirate
22/12/2012 at 17:57

PB in this weather? Well done, and in a Santa suit as well ? 

22/12/2012 at 21:15

Well done Cat I was race director at our parkrun this morning and took our little tent so there was somewhere dry for folk to leave their coats.

Did a bike ride to a friends today. Hubby met me there with the kids. Very wet and dark on the way home but I had all the gear so was okay.

MC - haven't swam for two weeks either

23/12/2012 at 09:04

chili - well done on the run and bike in yesterday's weather

I think the swim is the one that is easiest to skip/most difficult to do because we are restricted to the times that the pool is open - my pool doesn't actually have many public swimming sessions, and of course life/kids/family have a habit of needing me exactly when the pool is open.

Razor51    pirate
23/12/2012 at 14:28
5.5 mile run this morning, made a conscious effort to stay in the low Z2 felt good and the sun was out. Week 2 done in parts, missed 1 swim and 1 bike but not to concerned at this stage as I have built up a decent base getting over my injury.
23/12/2012 at 17:31

I did a  turbo this morning, but failed to check that the garmin was registering the sensor, so I did 30 minutes and have no idea on how far or what the cadence was. although I can state that my heart rate was spot on for Z2, I worked up a sweat and concentrated on doing even circles, not just pushing down on the pedals.

Mr Steady has been in bed all day ill, FiL is not coming up to stay, so I can do the last bit of fresh food shopping tomorrow morning, then make mince pies. Hope to get into the Carol service in the late afternoon, last year it was full and didnot get in.

I am going to watch loads of childrens films and chill out tonight. This week I have done 2 swims, 2 run/walks and a turbo.

Dustboy    pirate
23/12/2012 at 18:12

Oo-er, haven't swum since about October, last bike was with Steady etc yonks ago and no turbo yet either. But at least it's set up! Just come back to running after a coupel of weeks pretty much enforced leave and managed 7 miles yesterday but REALLY feeling it today, which is unusual.

Maybe lager & kebabs are the solution?

23/12/2012 at 18:15

thanks DB - I now feel better as it is only a couple of weeks since I last swam! trouble is I have never been very quick so really need to get the practice in

well, despite the cold I have I am going to go to the pool for half an hour tonight so I can get a 200m time for winterswim. 

will probably run in the morning too

Razor51    pirate
24/12/2012 at 22:12
I ran 4.5 miles tonight on my own with just my music and the rain and really enjoyed it. It should be my rest day today but changed it till tomorrow because I think I might possibly over indulge tomorrow.....
25/12/2012 at 09:45

Merry Christmas everyone

I now have the complete set of Sufferfest videos so there will be no excuse for me being rubbish on the bike

I too am having a rest day today, unless I feel the need to escape, that is!

25/12/2012 at 10:48

Merry Christmas everyone

Due to Mr Steady being ill and not getting out to get me a present, I have told him that he can pay for the download of the Chrissie Wellington Audio Fuel. Then I have something definite to turbo to, although I need to suss out how to keep the mp3 player dry as the pocket I put it in gets soaked in sweat, think I will try a bit of cling film.

25/12/2012 at 21:07

Happy Christmas Everyone!

Was hoping to try out my pressie of a Ronhill waterproof running jacket. But our guests (3 elderly ladies) didn't want to go home and have been with us for 9 hours and only just left! lol. Am not going out now at this time.

Will definitely be training tomorrow.

26/12/2012 at 16:34

Bah humbug, can get AudioFuel to download to PC but when I transfer it to the mp3 player it looks OK but when I go to play it, it says format error. ggrrrrr. Not technically minded so it will have to wait until there is someone in the offices to help me sort it out.

Eaten a bit too much, had a little bottle of wine to myself and been out for a little walk before it rained again.

Thinking I should turbo anyway as there is little on TV.

26/12/2012 at 16:46

Steady - that is a pain, hope someone manages to sort it for you

had a good turbo session this morning with The Hunted sufferfest. Am thinking of a little run later, it is chucking it down but a short run will be good

26/12/2012 at 17:55

Well done MC

Steady - being rather non-tech myself I can only empathise!

Sun was shining this morning so took my big 3 girls (aged 10 and twins of 9) out on the bikes. Managed 18 (slow) miles and home before the rain .

26/12/2012 at 22:12

I have turboed, no AudioFuel but got the cadence sensor working and listened to a CD instead, unfortunately turboing is just as slow as on the road. I only managed 10mph but at least it was non stop and sets a baseline from which I hope to improve. I can be geeky and see how bad I was regarding cadence but happy that the heart rate was high enough to do good.

Chili, glad to hear you got out in the dry this morning. If it is dry in the morning I aim to go for a run/walk.

27/12/2012 at 08:54

steady - well done for getting the turbo done, I am just as slow on the turbo as I am on the road. However, I have been doing the occassional sufferfest, and I am starting to notice a difference. I am probably not putting as much effort in as I should, but I am definitely working and yesterday my average speed was 14mph compared to 11/12mph normally

I did manage to get my arse out in the rain for a run in the evening, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Hoping to get to the pool this eveing, and gym this morning

27/12/2012 at 10:01

No run, raining again and I think Mr Steady has passed his lurgy to me, feeling .

Will have a quiet day in, but will need to pop to the shops for some potatoes and some milk.

IronCat5    pirate
27/12/2012 at 10:43
I like the Audiofuel turbo sessions. Got me through months of training in hotels.

Ran to the inlaws yesterday - 13miles. Turned in to an aquathlon as I got closer to Reading due to flooding. Braved it up to my knees at one point.
27/12/2012 at 13:10

no socks for me

just did an hour at the gym followed by an hour of sufferfest, bloody hard work. Think tomorrow will be a rest day hoping to get to the pool this evening as well

27/12/2012 at 15:02

(((Cake))) *waves*

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.