Training for a shorter Tri

For those not yet up to IM

7,581 to 7,600 of 13,927 messages
IronCat5    pirate
31/12/2012 at 11:13

Or if you dare get to your local parkrun and absolutely smash the 5km. A huge sprint at the end will show something near your max HR.

Razor51    pirate
31/12/2012 at 11:17
Cat... Our park run has a 250 mtr uphill to the finish, that should push it up to max.
IronCat5    pirate
31/12/2012 at 11:19

Job done!

31/12/2012 at 12:16

I have sorted out my mp3 player, so no excuses for not turboing now. Nipped out in the horrible wind and rain, couldnot believe how many cyclists were out, they are mad.

Anyone making any NY resolutions or want to put in writing their goals for 2013.

My goal is to complete Outlaw Half, lose 20 pound in weight hopefully by Outlaw Half or soon after, and to be able to train consistently throughout the year. Oh and to take part in at least one Parkrun.

Razor51    pirate
31/12/2012 at 12:36
Steady...hope you make your goals, I'm sure you will.
My goals are not to just finish Outlaw but to compete and finish in a decent time.
31/12/2012 at 12:41

Well Razor as a team last year we did 15 and a half hours, so I am sure you will make it.

Razor51    pirate
31/12/2012 at 13:02
Cake..I'll do my best not to break another leg and I'll hold you to the malt after
Good luck with your training and weight loss , oh and grape peeling ;-D
31/12/2012 at 13:44

my goals are pretty much the same as Steady's

-finish outlaw half

-lose about 20 pounds

-complete a marathon (or at least get to the start line uninjured - if I manage that I should be able to complete the damn thing) - if I don't manage the April one I signed up for then it will the the outlaw one

31/12/2012 at 17:09

Evening everyone

Set my alarm and went out early this morning in wind/rain/dark. It wasn't cold though and not too bad except that after 45 mins my face hurt from the weather and being the wuss that I am I decided a warm shower was far more appealing than another hill.

Goals
The only race I have booked this year is Outlaw Half
But I intend to keep working towards my 100 parkrun t-shirt with my daughters
And I have a cycling weekend in Berlin with my brother in September
Would like to find an autumn marathon

Lovely getting to know you all this year and meeting up with several of you at Outlaw. Happy New Year to you all xxxxx

Razor51    pirate
31/12/2012 at 19:10
Happy New year to everyone, and I second what Chilli said it was really good getting to meet some fab pirates and peeps ..
31/12/2012 at 23:38

Happy New Year everyone

01/01/2013 at 08:37

Morning!

I'm off for a run through the woods. What are your plans for today?

01/01/2013 at 13:50

Happy New Year everyone

I have had a 4 mile run, a family walk in the forest and am going to do a turbo session later

Razor51    pirate
01/01/2013 at 18:15
Nowt
01/01/2013 at 18:24

I turboed this morning did 40 mins of Audiofuel, wheezed and coughed loads so took it steady, then realised with about 5 mins to end that I had not used my inhaler. Waited until I finished then used it, which made me feel better, as I thought I was really unfit. Been down to Southsea and had a long walk along the seafront in the winter sunshine. Cold and windy but OK and so many people out walking there, I have seen it much quieter on a summer bank holiday.

01/01/2013 at 19:37

Happy New Year everyone... Hope good time had by all! Nice to hear you're running again Maths, Woop Woop. 
Hope the run in the woods went okay Chili! Cake, if I make it round Wild Boar do I get a Malt (Jura) would be fine! Indeed Razor, living up to my name. New years resolution. - make it to May without injury. 
Bet the walk was lovely today Steady...

I managed a 30 min run today. Fallen out with my new Garmin as showed running much slower than thought. Still putting in walk breaks to not overdo it. Turbo tomorrow. General plan this year,

· Cotswold Supersprint, an Olympic somewhere and Wild Boar
· Lose at least 3 stone
· Find a new job! 

What could possibly go wrong... 

oii
01/01/2013 at 19:46

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, long time no see, apologies!!

have relocated and lost 11lbs in the process. not done a lot of heavy training as that dodgy left foot - is a tethered up nerve in the foot. looking at end of february for the op.

i have relocated to london, hooorraayyyyyy. anyone london based fancy some bike sessions?

01/01/2013 at 19:49

Evening everyone

The run through the woods was wonderful. Ankle deep in mud and water but sun was shining and everyone very happy. I met up with some friends and introduced them to the place. Also my Big Girl (10) came with us on her first proper trail run. She was great. Managed the distance no probs and certainly wasn't the slowest of the four of us. Am very proud of her and looking forward to us being able to do longer runs together.

01/01/2013 at 19:56

oii - great to hear from you!! good to hear you are still around, bad news about the foot, hopefully recovery from the op will be quick

Razor51    pirate
01/01/2013 at 20:09
Hi Oii, welcome back and get well soon.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.